Who else plays it?

Guessing there are a few others in IT addicted to the game 🙂

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

it's my favorite game! I spent a lot of time on this game

0 Kudos

I like this game, it is quite specific, but atmospheric and exciting. What else do you play?

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did not know this game, looks good, but I'm not a fan of this type of game, I like most horror, RPG, puzzle and racing

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not a fan of military games but used to spend hours (if not days) with Civilization.

But now I only occasionally play Hay Day (from the makers of Clash of Clans) - it's quite relaxing and we also have a great neighborhood there. It has in-app purchases but I have not spent a single dime on it. I agree - either "pay once" or monthly fee models are more appealing (there was a great South Park episode "Freemium isn't Free", by the way).

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hay Day is way too addicting.  We had to delete that from all our iPads as it was causing us to lose way too much time.

My favorite old-school timewaster is Sim City 4 w/Rush Hour Pack expansion pack. It's amazing how smooth it runs on a macbook pro(using the ported mac version), yet all my old plugin mods from windows work.  It's pretty cool to see saved cities created on older machines run smoothly on my mac.

0 Kudos

For me, recreational play is considered SPORE. It calms me so much when you just create a character and evolveю

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never heard of it. Is it a new methodology for integration testing?

One of my customers made testing (without subsequent errors in PROD) bonus relevant for the players. They all finished the game and all was good..  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a new online game... mobile? I think? Anyway, I haven't played, but the promotional commercials with Kate Upton are interesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, online smart phone game - free to play - pay to win

No one else will admit to playing it?

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My mobile is not smart enough for stuff like that, but don't tell it, I said that. ^^

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't play it just based on the stupid commercials in other apps and even on TV here in the States.  I do, however, play Clash of Clans and Star Trek on line.  Any takers on those?

Matt

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I make a point not to install those types of games, they're too damn addictive. At least in SCN I learn something

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your right about that....In this particular game being a strong player isn't possible without spending $$$. Its addictive and expensive.

Some people actually spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the game (no joke). It gives me great pride when I can use tactics to get a victory over them since I don't spend that much.

Just to unlock the high tier stuff its a minimum 2000 USD investment.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not a fan of games where it is not possible to get beyond a certain point without paying real money to "buy" armor, skills, weapons, whatever advantages, and where basically who has the most money to burn wins. I don't play a lot of games -- I used to, but just don't have time for it anymore -- but the online games I preferred were the ones where everyone paid the same, say a flat monthly rate, and you could not otherwise spend real money in-game. You had to earn everything the old-fashioned way. The hard way. And if you're caught buying from "gold farmers", you're banned. That's the way to run a game. Granted, the in-game purchase method makes the developers lots and lots of money, so as a marketing/money-making tool, it's hard to argue with, but I'll wager that Blizzard makes plenty of money with World of Warcraft, too. They do seem to know what they're doing.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

World of Warcraft.... the hours I spent on Teamspeak playing that game.... 40 men raids to Ragnaros in Molten Core! It has been almost 8 years now, time flies!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

best gamification model out there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well said Matt, gaming (or boting rather) is what got me into IT in the first place - discovered I had a talent for coding Auto-it bots that I ran on Blizzard servers for years. I even made some $ back in the day selling virtual items on E-bay lol

I am shocked no one else plays this game, seriously. If you don't want to be addicted to your hand held like I am I wouldn't bother to download it.

0 Kudos

You were coding bots and ran on Blizzard servers? How? It is very interesting. Can you tell me about this a bit more?