Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy batch search strategy to EWM

oritra
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Can a batch search strategy be copied to EWM ?

For example, say I have a strategy in ECC that sorts the batches by a particular characteristic and thereafter selects the batches.

can I distribute this strategy to EWM ?

In our system I'm being able to distribute selection criteria in the delivery. But I wish to copy this strategy to EWM.

Thank You.

Regards,

Oritra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oritra,

Picking search is diff than ecc in ewm, Check picking customization in which you can select batch and then also more characteristic also check does that suites you. or you can add some other filed.

Regards

Suraj 

oritra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks for writing.

in picking I'm using a different rule. And I want that rule to apply on the batches selected by the sort rule.

So that is like two searches. 1st identify the exacts batches. Next identify the picks as per picking rule.

say I've a requirement of 2500 EA products and I've LIFO picking strategy. Now I want the sort rule to identify the the batches I'll pick. Say the sort rule selects batch A,B and C. Now even if batch D was put into warehouse in the last hour, the system will limit itself to A,B and C batch.

so when I transfer the selection criteria I find it allows me to transfer fixed values, say greater than or equals to. But the ascending, descending criteria it doesn't allow me to transfer.

How do I proceed ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oritra

I hope you need to have technical development.

And if you want to assign batch before picking then I hope you can do that at del level from ECC.

Not sure check if that work for you.

Regards

Suraj

oritra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Suraj.

Guess Ill go for a dev for batch sorting to filter available quantities during picking.

Regards,

Oritra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandip_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the following ECC IMG Path ->

LE -> EWM Integration -> Basic Set up for EWM Connectivity -> Maintain EWM specific parameter

If you checked the checkbox "Batch determination in EWM via batch Attribute replication", system will copy the batch determination procedure from ECC during the outbound delivery distribution and they in will search for suitable batch first as per the sort sequence and eventfully picking will happen.

This is given in the help.

Please check and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Sandip

oritra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for writing.

Ive done the settings. Thats how Im being able to transfer selection criteria. But strategies cannot be distributed I guess.

Please confirm.

Regards,

Oritra