cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functional Area field in AFVC table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir/ Madam,

Can anyone please help me understand how the functional area is derived in table AFVC table.

I am having an issue wherein during Goods receipt posting (WE doc type), the posted document sometimes has functional area, and sometimes does not. Both postings (derived and not derived), are assigned to different networks and network activities.

During debugging we find that this value is coming from the AFVC table wherein for one network activity there is func_area NOT maintained, while for the others it is maintained, and the same values are being pulled into the posted document.

Now, I am totally unclear how functional area is maintained in this table, wherein I dont see the functional area being maintained anywhere else on the master data.

E.g. I have checked the network profile (OPSC), and the functional area field is blank

The cost element to which the posting happens also does not contain this FA

The GL account to which the second leg posting happens also does not contain this FA.

I have checked the substitutions for all areas and none points to FA determination.

I seek your insight to identify how is the FA maintained for in AFVC table.

Best Regards

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Staya,

FA field will be passed on to the network thought WBS. If WBS has a FA, it will be passed automatically and will be assigned to network under it, from network it will pass on to the network activity. It can be forced as mandatory filed thought PS configuration. But as few WBS are left blank FA field and few WBS has FA defined you are facing this problem. Make sure all network and network activity has a FA defined.

Regards,

Sandeep

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

Did you check the Network / Assignment Tab ?

Regards

Terence

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyanarayana,

Have you checked whether WBS element has maintained with functional area? And also check the cost element in OKB9.

Regards,

Mukthar

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

functional area basically define in FI module as Financial Accounting Global Settings/Financial Accounting Definition/Financial Accounting Global Settings (New)

which is just Typical functional areas are Sales, Production, Marketing, Administration and Research & Development.

so its segregating business by it department as we created via below path:

Financial Accounting Global Settings (New)->Ledgers->Fields->Standard Fields->Functional Area for Cost of Sales Accounting->Define Functional Area

Regards,

Sanjeev