cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters based on large datasets

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm creating a report with a cascading parameter where the dataset for the parameter has +23k records.

The first level of the parameter get the distinct values from a field GROUP_OWNER and the second level are the GROUP_NAMEs for that group_owner. The requirement is to select multiple group_names.

The first problem of the parameter not using more than the first 1000 records can be over come with the an regitry update. (see http://scn.sap.com/thread/977521) BUT this doesn't work if the report is then used in the Crystal Report View. Is there a registry setting for the viewer?

OR is there a way to have a parameter pass a value to another query for using in another parameter?

Cheers

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

There may be a setting, but you will have to define the "viewer". There are a number of viewers, so which one are you using?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek

The viewer is a custom one created with the Runtime SDK for Crystal Reports XI. There are no setting from the GUI.

I am hoping somesone knows where to put the registry settings for the \DatebaseOptions\LOV\MaxRowsetRecords

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if CR XI means v. 11.0 or 11.5, but you should be on 11.5. See this on how to:

Once on CR 11.5 ( also referred to as CR XI R2), the reg entry will be:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks...but no fix. I did adjust for 11.0 and even tried 11.5

The full error is

"Prompting failed with the following error
message: 'List of Values failure: fail to get values.' Error source: prompt.dll
Error code: 0x8004380D"

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Please confirm that this is happening when using the report in the Crystal Reports designer, not an application using one of the CR SDKs.

Also, what OS are you using?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek

The designer is working fine. So does the viewer when on a pc that also has the viewer installed.

This error is happening on a Windows 7 pc that have only a viewer (that was built with the Business Object Suite 11.0)

Cheers

John

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Can you please give me more info on:

This error is happening on a Windows 7 pc that have only a viewer (that was built with the Business Object Suite 11.0)

From the above I am not sure if you are using one of the SDKs (if so which SDK), Infoview, etc.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I didn't create the viewer. It's provided with an application called Mimsy XG. Not SDK installed on the viewer only pc. I just see a CRView.exe file and registry values in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business
Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, that really does not help much. Other than, what ever it is, is version 11.0 which is not supported on WIN 7 (not only not supported, does not work). Updating to CR 11.5 (XI R2) would be the normal requirement to get it working n WIN 7. Unfortunately, in this case, as it appears to be an app using one of the CR SDKs, Mimsy XG would need to recompile the app.

Can you contact Mimsy XG?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying Mimsy XG as well. Will post that answer.

Thanks for your time.

Any recommended viewers that can be command line launched with a file (that does not contain saved data)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Turns out not to be a limit on the number of records in a dynamic parameter. This viewer doesn't work for ANY dynamic paramters.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah - it may be that dynamic parameters came in with CR 11.5 (I don't remember). If that is the case, then Mimsy would have to recompile their all using the 11.5 runtime, create a new runtime deployment and you'd have to install that.

As for a viewer. There is a Crystal Reports viewer here:

However it only works with "saved data " reports. Other than that, only option is an app using one of the current SDKs; .NET or Java.

- Ludek

Answers (0)