cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement path in formula variable performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a report where in I need to calculate a KF based on the master data attribute value.

For instance, 0JOB is the master data and ZSTAFF_CLASS is an attribute(Navigational) to this Characteristics.

Now based on certain value of ZSTAFF_CLASS, I need to build a formula.

I created a Formula Variable with replacement path of 0JOB and replaced by the attribute value of ZSTAFF_CLASS this give the output. But it runs for several minutes if I try to see the output having large dataset.

My question is there any way to get the attribute value, in a way that does not kill the performance ?

Regards,

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

What are the fields included in your query? I assume your ZSTAFF_CLASS is NUMERIC, right?

How about converting the value of your 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS field into keyfigure and use the converted object to your formula? Did you try it?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Thanks for your reply.

My report includes 0JOB, 0EMPLOYEE  & KPIs......

Yes, the 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS is a numeric value. Even the 0JOB is a numeric value too.

Could you please tell me how to convert 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS into keyfigure ?

Are you referring to creating a formula variable out of it and then use in formula ?

Cheers!

Sonal

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Yes, using formula variable and use it in formula..But instead of using the ATTRIBUTE thing, just use the 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS object itself..Perhaps performance might improve..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loed,

One more classic problem I just encountered,

When I remove the 0JOB from drill down in the report where I am using formula variable ( ZSTAFF_CLASS replacement from 0JOB), the formula is working.

But when I try to use a Formula variable(0JOB replacement for 0JOB) and use it in above formula to derive staff classification value

And then when I remove the 0JOB in above solution original formula is not working.

This is a strange behaviour.

Cheers!

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loed,

Converting 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS to key figure is not working it is giving value as X.

Cheers!

Sonal

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Why? If it is numeric then I think it can be converted to keyfigure..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Loed,

The error, it shows ZSTAFF_CLASS is not a characteristics in Multiprovider.

I checked that it is a navigational attribute in Multiprovider.

Cheers!

Sonal

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Perhaps this is how replacement path works because I also tried before doing a replacement path with an object and if I remove the object, my formula also didn't work..

Maybe because the formula didn't know what value it will use since it can't see the values of 0JOB from the rows..

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

Did you use the 0JOB__ZSTAFF_CLASS in replacement path? Did you assign that attribute in multiprovider?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

I agreed with the concept that you just described, but the same does not happens, when you replace an attribute value from master data characteristic in a formula variable and use it.

Even I checked the total value of the formula removing the drilldown it comes out perfectly

Cheers!

Sonal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

cant you make a restricted key figure with the restriction to the attribute value and then calculate your formula using this key figure? In the end hide the restricted one if you don´t want to see it.

regards

Cornelia