cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set expiration date check for batches wihtout impact current business process flow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Any functionality in SAP to auto block the inventory once the shelf life is expired.
And whether can auto hold if aging > shelf life set in master data

Current SAP system

For batch level is no shelf life expiration date is maintainted.
For master data there is no minimum remaining shelf life or total shelf life maintain in material master also.
From plant level there is no set expiration date check (OMJ5):  the activation check in no checked.
From my understanding if set up need to be done for expiration check the OMJ5 config need to be applied then
addition pop out field will exists during GR in MIGO which is "date of manufacture & SLED/BBD date"

But currently user is using customized ZGR program to perform GR once this checking is done it will impact the program on receiving.

Any way still can be done for control once the shelf life is expired then block it from ship to customer?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read my blog and you will probably understand that you have to do a bit more to achieve what you want.

Once the basis is developed you can monitor and block outdated stock using QA07 which can also be scheduled to run without user interaction 

What your developers have to do for your ZGR is not known by us and we can't make any suggestion except to say they have to change their coding to allow the same that is possible with standard MIGO transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.I did go through your document before.so is that any other way  that we can do to control the shipment that expired to  customer at this temporary moment.D

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not in SAP, but physically in the warehouse you have all options