cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Plant Planning- MRP activation indicator turned after the creation of Material code

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Working on Cross plant planning, where 1001 Production plant will stock transfer material to 8 different plants.

Right now, only 10001 plant had MRP and planning file entry ticked in customizing OMDU.

The other 8 plants have Materials codes created and MRP views extended but no MRP activation is ticked.

Now, to have Cross plant planning MRP set, I have done necessary configurations, Scope of Planning, Special Procurement 40, and parallel processing is configured. All master datas are set properly. Tested few scenarios in IDES, working fine.

If my understanding is clear, than I thin I need to run MDAB, activation of planning file and MDRE, Planning file Consistency Check,  because MRP will run in background?

Is this correct or something more needs to be done ?? Please suggest

Please also tell what is the use of MDRE t code.

Best regards

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh,

Yes you are right, you need to setup the planning file entries and also the consistency check for planning file entries.

Consistency check report RMMDVM10 (transaction MDRE) - to check planning file entry schedule it and then check the result from display scheduling tab.

For more detailed information please refer consulting note  205681 - MRP: Planning file entry for material requirements planning

and 553746 - FAQ: Planning file entries in material requirements planning

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

Thanks for your reply.

MDAB- Only one plant Planning file entry variant can be created at one time. Do I need to create 8 different variants of each 8 different plants and schedule it in background? Or these is any functionality of grouping 8 plants in one variant and schedule grouped plants in background?

Best regards

Shailesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shailesh

MDAB (RMMDVM20) is at plant level, you need to create different variants as per your plants

Create a variant for the new plants and then schedule a job for these variants.

Check customizing transaction OMDU -> set up planning file

entry and consistency check of planning file entries.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

Thanks.

Best regards

Shailesh

Answers (0)