cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding restriction of field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys I need to block a particular field in all sales modules..is there any restriction of users using stored procedure is possible.. if any solutions let me know Regards, K.Ramasamy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chetan_popat
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi, You can Use Form Setting , Using Form Setting You can Hide or Inactive that Field and Restrict User to access Form setting from General Authorization

hope this will help You !!

thanks

Chetan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts , Thanks for the response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made visible as tick mark and untickmarked active in form settings..

but 2 fields are inactive & visible . but 1 field remains active and visible... I tried in form settings but I cannot make one field as inactive..

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

through the form settings your problem is not solved ha ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi andakonda

Not yet ... if having stored procedure related to this discussion provide me

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you told one field is not able to inactive ,could you provide screen shot , so that we can check ,

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please advice exact field and document for stored procedure.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagaraj,

In SQ , SO , AP invoice , Delivery , Return , AP creditmemo documents there is three addon fields are created as Lastpurchaseprice , Sellingprice and Totalselling Price....

Regards,

K.Ramasamy 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nagarajan sir

I have mentioned the above details .. can I get the stored procedure..

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually we are having GP calculation addon for the sales module... In sales module there are 3 fields created as Lastpurchaseprice , Selling Price , Totalselling price.. Now we are going to stop the addon...so we are going to use default sap fields .. So I need to restrict the users for not adding any values in the addon fields

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Do one thing inactive that fields from form settings ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii Andakonda,

we needed for referring old records . so the fields cannot  be inactivated.. I need to block the field & restrict the users not to allow of entering the datas..

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasamy,

your requirement is not clear.

Do you want to block the addition of documents if there is no data in these udf's or do you want to disable these fields for editing by the users?

Thanks,

Joseph

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check bellow  threads

and update the status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph

I want to  disable the fields for editing by users

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, you can go to form settings, make the field visible but inactive for the users. Also, do not give authorization of form settings to the users so they wont be able to make any changes in form settings.

Thanks,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph

is there no option for blocking the field ... we have to check old records sometimes for reference ..tat time in form settings we want to again enable the fields ... So if stored procedure is used no users can entry the data on the particular field

Regards,

K.Ramasamy

former_member188586
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you explain in details ? and which you want restrict ?