Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bin type identification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I have below information

Row             Column                Level            Euro Pallet               Industrial Pallet             Height of the bin

01                  01                        01                    4                               0                                     100 CM

01                  01                        02                    4                               2                                     100 CM

01                  01                        03                    4                               2                                     150 CM

how many Bin type I need to create as in 1 st level I cant keep industiral pallet, on 2nd & 3rd level I can keep same number of pallets but it has different height.

How many bin type I need to create. As storage type for all three level is same how can I control that for  the industrial pallet should not suggest 1st level in the transfer order 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on the height of the bin you need to create the bin type (e.g.

Height of the bin              EP        IP

100 CM -- B1                     Y            N

100 CM -- B2                     Y            Y

150 CM -- B3                     Y            Y

Assignment storage unit type to Storage type (Assume your storage type is ST1  & Storage unit type is EP & IP)

ST1  --- IP,EP(maintain value of all the storage unit type which can be stored in that bin)

Storage unit type to storage bin type assignment this will take care that IP is not going to 1st level

EP ----B1,B2,B3

IP -----B2,B3

Former Member
0 Kudos

So even if I have same height of 100 cm for 1st & 2nd level I need to differentiate it by Bin type B1 & B2 ?

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 st level I cant keep industiral pallet --- for this reason you have to differentiate if you can store IP in first level then only two bin type are required

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the 2nd level I can keep material A -  100 quantity & on level 3 I can keep material A 150 quantity due to its height.

So when I am receiving 150 quantity how can system suggest bin of 3rd level. where this data is maintained.

In the mateiral master we maintain qty at storage unit type level & not with combination of Bin type.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You define quantity per SUT in Material master and then in Customization you define in which bin type the SUT can be stored

Storage unit type to storage bin type assignment this will take care that IP is not going to 1st level

EP ----B1,B2,B3

IP -----B2,B3

As per SCN rule  One query per thread,

if you have marked the thread as answered and you are still having query then uncheck the Correct answer then post your query, till the time you are not getting the correct answer don't mark it as Correct answer

Answers (0)