Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Maintenance Activities

gibson_nyarugwe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues

We are relooking at the configuration in our SAP PM module. Am particularly interested in going with the best practice in allocating the correct Plant Maintenance Activity types to the correct Work Order Types for both Preventative and Unpreventative/Unscheduled maintenance. What is the conclusive list of activity types and what rule or determination can we make in the assignment of these maintenance types to the order types

Regards

Gibson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gibson,

I guess there is no as best practise/ rule or determination in allocating the correct PM activity type to order type.

I suggest, shortlist all the activity type is excel and allocate them against order type. then follow this configuration path

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service -> Maintenance and Service Processing-> Functions and Settings for Order Types-> Maintenance Activity Type

configure all the activity type and assign against each maintenance order type. You can also set one default value to each order type.

feel free to revert.

thanks

kaushik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The advantage of the PM activity types is that, it helps the maintenance department to execute the reports based on PM activity type.Because for some users it may be difficult to execute reports based on Maintenance Order type if you have several types for different plants in same company code.

And also it helps to trigger automatic "PERMIT" for the maintenance order activities if you configure the "PERMIT" system with classification controls.I mean to say is that, you may be using similar maintenance order type for different activities at shop floor.But only few of them needed "Permit" from safety or process department to execute Maintenance work.In such cases it helps engineering team to have automatic assignment of PERMIT  to the maintenance order.

WE can not have bench mark for these PM activity types, as this configuration depends upon the business finally.

You may choose, as follows(This is just example for you):

Preventive Maintenance - Preventive Maintenance activity type

Calibration - Calibration maintenance activity type

Predictive - Predictive Maintenance Activity type

General Maintenance - Shut down and Oppurtunity and Insulation/Cladding and Painting etc...

Regards,

Pardhu

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gibson,

In PM module we have

1. Order Type - basically configured if there is change in Business Process.

2. Maintenance Activity Type (PMActType) - to maintain allowed activities which are called as Preventive, Corrective & Breakdown

3. ActType - This determine cost of Labor per unit(Hour).

So I am assuming you are talking about "Maintenance Activity Type (PMActType)" it is purely decision of business to deciside what activities to consider for different Business processes.

Rgds

Sunil