Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTP-Planning is not happenning?

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to exploring LTP scenario, as I did not get chance to work on So far.

Please go through the steps I did and let me know where I am missing as LTP run did not create Planned order even though PIR exist. Please find the document attached with screen shots.

1. I created Planning scenario and assign the PIR version and period to be planned.

2. During activation of PIR in planning scenario, PIR version gets activated and MD04 is getting PIR instead of only MS04 should get. SO without activating in Plann.Scen. I tried also.

3. I mainatined Production version. I want LTP to consider Operative BOM/Routing common for MRP also.

4. In Scheduling parameters (OPU5) I maintained for LTP.

But I am not getting planned orders crea

Thanks

Naga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,,

I checked your attached document..

Normally in Long term planning you have to create planning file entries, when you save and release planning scenario Planning file entries created

Second point when we activate the planning scenario we enter the PlR version ex: 00 and then targeted version 01

Please follow the below step for LTP process

Step:

1. Create the Planning scenario MS31

2. Assign Plant in Planning Scenario

3. Assigned PlR in Planning Scenario ( In PIR In active version, Ex "00" Remove Tick mark)

4. Now Release and Save the Planning scenario

When you release and save one pop up will come for Planning file creation

5. Run the MS02 , check the MS04 ( Planned order will created)

6. . Now active the PIR, Check below screen shot ( Target version should be Active version 01)

7. Now check the MD62, You version should change

8. check the MD04 and run MRP

I hope this information helpful to you

Regards

Umesh Mali

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

Thanks for the response and inputs.

My query is when we activate PIR in MS32 for 00 version, Please clarify why we need to use active version 00 and then put target version 01.

Do we need to create PIR with both versions 00 and 01, In my understanding if we are not copying the existing Operation PIRs to LTP, just to use 01 in active version PIR and Plan for simulative results.

I gone through SAP documentation on LTP, not getting above points.Please explain in detail.

Thanks

Nag

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Umesh,

I got it from Brahmankar reply and also i rechecked your previous message that we need to activate PIR in MS32 once we validate LTP results and then transfer PIR to operational MRP.

Thanks

Naga

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

You have period up to 06.08.2015 The planning period is the period in which planned independent requirements are taken into account in long-term planning.

Please make sure you have PIR in that period or extend it to future date ex 06.08.216

Also in MD62 version is not active. MS32---Activate independent requirement

Also check  planning file entries exist for the LTP for the material and plant combination in MS21

you can also run the Program RMMDVL20 for planning file entries.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thanks for the response,

1.  PIR exists in the planning period as I shown in document with screen shots.

2. Should we activate PIR in MS32 before planning run (LTP) or after, because I found once I activate

PIR in MS32 then PIR are became operational and can be seen in MD04.

and also please suggest if I need to use BOM/Routing for LTP which is existing for Operational MRP. I maintained settings like selection method in MRP4 (only by production version) and OPU5  maintained for LTP.

Thanks

Naga

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Did you check the planning file entries?

PIR will be transferred to active PIRs for MRP after that you can run MRP on it.

Requirements has to be given in MD61 in an inactive version

MS32,release it and ensure the planning file entries are created.

You can use the BOM and routing selection through production version explosion/dependent req in MRP4 for material- Method 3 Production version.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Planning file entries created for FG materials for which PIR exists, but not for down level raw materials. I guess, because PIR activation in MS32 done before LTP run hence I could not able to get simulated orders in MS04.

Thanks

Naga

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the screen shot below LTP run

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar/Umesh Mali,

Thank you for your time and inputs. It helped me a lot. Actually its my mistake as MRP list was terminated due to PLAF number range were missing. I was trying in IDES system.

Thanks

Naga

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nag,

Please maintain the number range rerun the MRP.

You can maintain the number range in transaction MD93

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar