cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily delete records on DSO after data load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have developed a stock DSO (not used standard inventory cube). There I get zero balance records.

I want to delete zero stock records once data loaded to DSO daily through delta upload.

Is there any mechanism to accomplish this?

Thanks and Regards,

Thilini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assumed as your dso all key fig properties as overwrite mode.

Create self loop transformations at DSO(as source and target). Thru start or end routine you can delete the records which have stock values as 0.

in your chain you can self loop dtp after the normal dtp.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

Thanks for the solution. I tried your solution and it perfectly worked.

I used Delta DTPs here.

But If I use this method it only delete record from active table. Change log wont delete data.

I want to delete records in the DSO (both active table + change log) instead of deleting data from the table.

Cant we use record mode to do this task. If its possible how to do it?

Regards,

Thilini

amine_lamkaissi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thilini,

You can delete data from change log with an abap program and add it into you process chain.

It's not very clean, but it will do the trick.

Hope it helps.

Amine

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to use proper logic to delete required data from changlog.

if you go with only 0recordmode then it may causes to delete other records as well.

Lets develop abap logic at dev system and check it.

about logic cross check record combination and find the correct fields to delete the required record from changlog.

As stated by amine, You can add developed program in your process chain.

Thanks.

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thilini,

Looking again at the discussion, you also want to delete Change Log records. Record Mode 'D' will not delete them, instead it will add records (for the records to be deleted).

As a standard way to do housekeeping for the Change Log, you can use the corresponding Process Type in the context of Process Chains, i.e. Delete Change Log.

However, I miss still the complete picture. You mentioned a Stock DSO. Are you using non-cumulative Key Figures? As you might know, non-cumulative Key Figures are only compatible with an InfoCube.

Furthermore, do you have any subsequent InfoProvider to load using a delta mechanism? If yes, then the way of Record Mode 'D' is able to facilitate that.

Please let me know if you need additional help.

Best regards,

Sander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thilini,

My advice is writing an ABAP routine (e.g. Expert Routine) in a Transformation from the DSO to the same DSO (i.e. a loop over itself). Here you have to make the appropriate selection and then give 0RECORDMODE the value 'D' (i.e. delete). You only have to supply the key fields but non-key fields won't harm. This way the Change Log will register the deletions and can be used for delta mechanism towards subsequent InfoProviders. It also will delete the records from the Active Data table.

Best regards,

Sander

Rushikesh_Yeole
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to selective deletion and submit selections and select process on [give date and time].Job will released in your system.

Change the job in SM37 and change the frequency to daily