Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Finance and account based CO-PA

former_member238061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use the costing-based CO-PA with the characteristics and value fields.

We think about using smart finance. I learnt that it is account-based and that a big central table for FICO will be used.

Perhaps you can answer me the following questions:

1. 1. What is the name of the table?
  2. 2. To what extent can we add customer-specific fields (e.g. in order to model former characteristics within the new table)?
  3. 3. Can we use the simple finance ("account based CO-PA") in parallel to the costing-based CO-PA or will the latter have to be switched off
    entirely?
  4. 4. Are there any Information (particularly technical ones) going beyond the normal "CFO-Advantages-talk"?

Thanks for any Information here.

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Smart Financials or Simple Finance as it is now known is a powerful tool by SAP based on Hana. There are lot of questions you will need to answer before deciding on the migration to Simple Finance. The below link will help you answer some basic questions.

Some of the pertinent questions:

1. What is the current status of your landscape? If you already have a data base as HANA, than I believe installation of an on premise solution or On Cloud Solution can work best for you depending on how comfortable you are  with the solution approach. You will need EhP 7 with New GL in such a case.
2. SAP has very recently introduced an additional approach as part of Simple Finance 2.0 with a functionality called as Central Journal. You can connect multiple satellite systems(SAP and Non SAP) to Simple Finance for your central reporting functionlity. This has lot of changes on COPA that you were talking about. However, there are lot of things, which are planned, like Central AP Processing, Central AR Processing and Cash Management which are currently not available.

The below link should help you understand this option as well

Coming to your original question of migrating to Account based COPA, i believe the option 2 looks promising because there are functionality 2 in central journal which can map your existing system to Simple Finance as a central journal if you do not want to disrupt your existing system. Every posting in satellite system can be mapped to Account based COPA functionality in Simple Finance.

Regards

Sanil Bhandari