Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Picking of Wrong Storage Location In Process Order

former_member224273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Guru,

I got stuck in very peculiar situation.I have a process order , in which  for a component(Raw material, externally procured) a wrong storage location is coming while creating the process order by default , say ABCD,  storage location , for the material deletion flag is active for that storage location.I am not sure from where it is picking the storage location and where this storage location is  maintained.My secenario is Process industry.

My finding.

The storage location is not maintianed in material master

The storage location is not maintaied  in  BOM and work-center.

Could anyone please help me

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Singh,,

Priority of the Storage location as below..

Prod Supply area in Work center --> SLoc or Supply area in BOM -->Material master Sloc --> Prod Supply are in material master

If Prod Supply area maintained then go to PK06 and check which storage loc is maintained..

I hope this information helpful to you

Regards

Umesh Mali

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Note 137225 describes the standard logic for the storage location determination for an order component.

Also, you can use the enhancement/exit PPCO0005 in order to change the standard

logic to determine the components storage location.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupendra,

Is there any supply area maintained in workcenter ?

Supply areas are created for a Storage location and it may get copied from there.

Regards,

Rohit

former_member224273
Participant
0 Kudos

No Sir...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupendra,

Please check if the Header material / Finished product in production order has any MRP group assigned ? If yes, then go and check the "Default storage location determination" in SPRO under Production > MRP> Procurement proposal > Planned order > Define Sloc & SA determination during BOM explosion.

Please check if any setting maintained for Plant-MRP group combination?

Also check if you have Prod Versions maintained for finshed product with some SLoc or SA maintained.

I believe sloc is getting copied from Finished Product to Component. For testing, try to remove the MRP group from Finished Product and create Producion Order again.

Regards,

Rohit