cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to discontinue running payroll for few employees in SAP HCM ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have been assigned a task by my client wherein he has provided me a list of some 40 employees who belong to the top management group and they want me to delete all the salary related data for that particular list of employees and they want to discontinue running payroll of such employees in SAP as they have outsourced this activity.

My client is very firm about their decision and they want these changes to be reflected from the very next week as they don't want to run the payroll for that set of employees in SAP for the month April 2015.

The list of employees that has been handed over to me belong to different employee subgroups, different company codes (client has about 9 company codes in SAP).

They also want:

• The list of employees salary to be displayed as "zero" in the master data but they should be active in SAP system.
  • Only Personal Details should be displayed related to those particular employees.

I need to complete this assignment at the earliest.

Can anyone suggest me the SAP standard procedure for this activity?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go a head with Balasubramanian  Suggestion's since solution approach and data manipulation is completely depends on the above details, Have a good understanding with customer why and what they wanted accordingly we can go ahead.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for all your valuable inputs.

I am trying to create a scenario on the Devp Server wherein I can test the solutions suggested by everyone.

Thanks once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your scenario you can create new PA and PSA i.e. Non operative Div. and transfer to all those employee in new pa & psa and assign them N6 or 99 payroll area so that salary will not calculate and they will not display or count any report.

BMs

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggestions given by all of the above friends are correct. Above suggestions hold good  for preventing future payroll records.

But there are few questions you need to consider:

1) Do you want to delete the payroll process data from the past? If yes, then analyze the below questions:

2) When did the 40 employees join and for how many periods, the payroll run for these employees?

3) Have you transferred the salary amount to the bank a/c and deducted the income tax to these employees and posted the data to FI using payroll?

You need to consider various factors before doing this mission. (It is possible to delete past payroll data and reverse it in FI. But you cannot reverse the third party deductions/bank transfer).

Best Regards,

A.P.Balasubramanian

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the payroll result would be possible if this group of employee salary has been posted separately.

do not want to run for this empluee in sap then you can lock these employee through payroll status infotype or copy the it8 record from1st of April and given as zero and save this. Then if you want to run these employees for future then system will trigger and will show no payment.

or else you can move these all employee to non payroll run area  so next time onwards it will not trigger on the last payroll area while running the payroll.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poonam,

If your query is answered then close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Scott's suggestions, you could also simply transfer them to payroll area '99'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sure there may be a few ways to handle this sort of situation but a simple option would be to lock the EEs in question via IT0003 (Payroll Status).  This will keep them from processing in payroll runs moving forward.  In regards to setting their salary to zero, include a new record in IT0008 with a value of .01.  If I remember correctly, you can not have a delimited IT0008 record for an active employee.  Hope this helps!