cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal 7.4 compatibility with MDM 7.1 SP13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We currently have EP 7.4 integrated with MDM 7.1 SP11.

There will be a patch upgrade of our MDM 7.1 from SP11 to SP13.

Will there be any compatibility issues with EP 7.4 due to this upgrade?

Regards,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg -  Did you findout your solution.

I have a question on similar topic, we are on portal 7.0 and MDM 7.1 SP08. We are upgrading our portal to 7.4, i wanted to check if MDM 7.1 SP08 is compatible with Portal 7.4? or do we have to upgrade our MDM too? I appreciate your response to my query.

Thanks,

Vinay

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I think it will not support, Kindly check the SAP Note for version Interoperability with SAP systems

1388258 - Version Interoperability within the SAP Business Suite

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Did you find a solution?

We are also currently on Portal 7.0 with MDM 7.1 SPS 08.

We are planning to upgrade the portal to 7.4. What is the compatible version of MDM for Portal 7.4.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumar -

I think it supports 7.4, but i am still trying to findout if there are any sap notes on this.

In the below help.sap.com  link , under the Prerequisite section looks like 7.4 is compatible with MDM 7.1.

I have gone through version interoperability note, but couldnt find any specific details on this. we are planning to upgrade our sandbox first to 7.4 and then will migrate the MDM 7.1 content and will test and see if it works or not...i will let you know my findings soon.

Technical Prerequisites

• One of the following SAP NetWeaver versions:
    • SAP NetWeaver 7.0: Portal (EP) 7.0 SPS15 or higher
    • SAP NetWeaver 7.3: Portal (EP) 7.3 SP03 or higher
    NoteThe following versions are not supported:
    • SAP enhancement package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE)                        7.1
    • SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment (CE) 7.2
  • Any browser supported by EP 6.0 or EP 7.0
  • SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 and higher

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/45/c87cfd43e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinay.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Could you please let me know what are the migration steps that are required for MDM 7.1 content after upgrading the portal to 7.4.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar -
We are doing a clean installation of portal 7.4 and then importing the MDM business package and creating content  everything from the scratch. we are only using 50 % of standard MDM content without any changes and we have some MDM custom webdynpro java objects, which will be deploying in portal 7.4 after doing unit testing, because we are moving from 7.0 to 7.4 we have to re test all webdynpro java objects without errors before deploying it in 7.4.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Is there any specific reason for new installation instead of upgrading the current portal.

What is the service pack level of your portal 7.4.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main reason, is we have 50% webdynpro java custom development objects which will break when we do inplace upgrade. thats why we are doing clean installation, so that we can re build and test the webdynpro code and deploy it in 7.4 server.

we are going with the latest patch which is portal 7.4 sp 11.

Thanks,

Vinay