cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font Scaling Option to Better Match Designer

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just posted the following to Idea Place: CRVS Font Scaling Option to better match Designer Rendering : View Idea

If you agree, please vote.

As shown in this image: http://screencast.com/t/TmnRjXoWs (also attached) Crystal Designer and CRVS (SP13) scale fonts very differently.

Based on forum info, C++ is used for rendering in Crystal Designer while .NET is used for rendering in CRVS runtime viewer.

Please provide an option to use a different font scaling method for the viewer in order to more closely match font scaling in Crystal Designer. This is NOT a breaking change -- just a way to opt into a different scaling method.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ido,

Thanks for using Idea Place. The font rendering difference is in usp10 mostly. CR currently uses version 1.4. The latest update from MS is version 1.6. CR is dependent on 1.4 and it is a huge change to upgrade to 1.6. Our whole rendering engine is built on the properties/characteristics of that version. To upgrade to 1.6 is going to be a huge undertaking to verify objects are in the correct place.

But please vote it up, it will help build a business case for Product to OK the upgrade for DEV.

Don

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I didn't propose a change to the existing rendering logic. I suggested an option to to use an alternative (new, additional) rendering method that should come closer to the rendering in Crystal Designer.

As developers, we would then be able to allow users to opt into that alternative method if they get frustrated with the current one.

- Ido

0 Kudos

Hi Ido,

The differences are due to USP10 version 1.4 and 1.6 and GDI (CR) and GDIPlus (.NET Viewer ). We are about as close as we can get now.

Only way to make this render exactly the same is to use the exact same dll's between C++ and .NET Framework. I'm afraid Microsoft will have to fix these differences.

If you know of any dll's that both render objects and both work in C++ and .NET I can suggest it to R&D to see if they can come up with a new Viewer in .NET.

I think what you are looking for is an ActiveX viewer that works in .NET.

Possibly an HTML 5 viewer in both CR Designer and .NET, but then you need a browser session to view the report.

If you can think of a good common format with current technologies post your idea in Idea Place.

Don

Answers (0)