cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change UI configuration dynamically when ever user selects a new value in a drop down field in WebUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I enhanced the standard activity component (i.e BT126S_APPT ). In this component, in BT126S_APPT/ApptSQ view there is a field 'PROCESS_TYPE' which is a dropdown. I have created a server event for this dropdown. So that whenever user selects a value in that dropdown, a event is called and after that DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION is called. In DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION, I am checking the value of 'PROCESS_TYPE' and based on that i am setting different config keys, by calling SET_CONFIG_KEYS( ). But the configuration is not changing in WebUI. When I press F2 in WebUI its showing the config keys( searched for ) as I set, but the found config keys are same as before. I have created the configuration with the new configuration keys. Please help, I am new to crm.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197655
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In order to achieve the above mentioned functionality , you will have to create UI object types first. Supose you have 3 process types , then first create 3 UI object types ( Name and description ). Then for each new config assign Sub-object type  (UI object). Then in DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION you can use CASE statement to load the respective configuration using object type and Sub-object type. Hope it helps.

Manjeet.