cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Error in intercompany vendor invoice for Argentina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

While issuing and RD04 message for an inter-company customer in Argentina I received error 8A551: Format of reference document number is invalid., as in the attached file; the RD04 message is sent OK but the iDoc fails in 51 status.

What is the segment/field where reference number is expected? In analysis mode in we05 the segment indicated, E1EDS01 010 Segment 000088 has no field to enter any reference...

One FI consultant mentioned that this check-up is due to FI document determined during iDoc processing: RE checks the reference number format and we should change it, is there a way to do that through configuration?

I would like to keep this process as much "automated" as possible, for instance it would be better to have the vendor invoice created but parked pending the proper reference number.

All inputs are welcome, thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Patra, your suggestion can be implemented and I'm pursuing this path.

This may take up to 1 week to become available in the productive environment so meanwhile I'm also looking to an alternate way to "fix" that. One feasible method suggested by an FI consultant is to change the FI invoice type determined by the system, form RE to a different one.

Any idea of how can I do that?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a quick update: we applied SAP Note 2064416 in the test server but he correction messed up PGR for inbound deliveries. As a result we had to remove it due to some demos planned in he next day but once that pressure is gone we will put it back and have some ABAP resource look for the reason and solution.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick update: problem solved without implementing any note.

Thank you all for suggestions.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the issue vanished by itself like the order in Mission impossible?

Don't you want to explain what you finally did to resolve this issue, it might help those people with same issue in future who are searching SCN and find this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, my apologies, following is the solution that worked for me: when expecting the invoice via EDI the invoice type for foreign vendors has to be KE in order to avoid localization requirements: reference number and barcode number.

This is achieved in transaction OBCE and has to be replicated for every LI(supplier) partner:

Thank you for the heads-up Jurgen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you already check for OSS notes, there is at least one that fixes an error where this error message was issued: 1692801 - ODN AR:Format check for reference field is incorrect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen for the quick reply; unfortunately our BASIS informed that this note can't be implemented on our system.

Is there a way to control/modify the type of invoice used by the system that would apply to the CCode of Argentina only?

Thank you.