cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Jurisdiction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can some please help me with this scenario below?

I know that Tax Jurisdiction comes from Ship to.

What do I need to do if I don’t need tax jurisdiction applicable for certain master data record? Like I want to maintain the employees in the master data and I don’t want the tax jurisdiction applicable. How can I control this?

Thanks

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nicolas_posada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jhon!

You would need to customize in Logistics General the layout of the customer master by tracnsation code (XK*, VD*,etc).

The customizing path for this IMG activity (SIMG_CFMENUOLSDOB20):

LG > Business Partners > Customers > Control > Define Transaction Dependent Screen Layouts.

The layout is controlled in here whether you don't want it to be displayed, to be required, optional or display only. You need to customize for all possible 9 transaction codes.

Then, in activity SIMG_CFMENUOLSDOBD2 you need to define how each field should behave for each account group you create. Here's an example where I have Tax. Jur as optional.

IMG path in ECC 6 is LG > Business Partners > Customers > Control > Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great !!!  One more question what do you mean by "You need to customize for all possible 9 transaction codes."

What are these transactions ?

Thanks much

John

nicolas_posada
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again John!

I meant that there are 9 transactions that are related to customer master data: XD01, XD02, XD03 (create, change and display centrally or complete); VD01, VD02 and VD03 (create, change and display sales & distribution) and the financial t.codes which I do not know.

In checking more in detail your needs, you may be able to disregard this step, as what you really need is to customize depending on the account group, which is step number 2 (second screenshot) in my first reply.

To answer your second question: "What are these transactions?"

Yes, t.codes are: OB20 (Define Transaction-Dependent Screen Layout) and OBD2 for the second activity I discribed (Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers)

You can also follow the customizing path:

If the answers helped you or solved your doubt, please mark either of them, or both if you consider where helpful and answered

Rgds,

Nicolás Posada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wonderful. Thanks for all the help. I was able to do the config changes according to the business requirement and based on your feedback's that you have provided.

Thanks again for explaining me in the details. I appreciate your efforts.

John 

nicolas_posada
Participant
0 Kudos

Glad I could help you John!

If your question was solved, please mark such reply as Correct Answer (the green star).