cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front-end memory and limitation cells of the BEX Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BI experts,

After BW upgrade from BI 7.3 to BI 7.4 some heavy workbooks stopping to work, the error is "Client Out of Memory", the cause of this error is the memory capacity of .NET framework, this process can allocate a maximum of approximately 1.2 gigabytes (GB).

The notes 1040454 and 1411545 says that it´s possible to execute something like 750,000 cells but we made some adjusts and we could increase it until 1,800,000 cells, below some configuration we´ve made:

Query Designer:

Result Rows Always

Supress;

Display as Text or key;

Supress Zeros as Active (All Values = 0) and Effect on rows and columns.

Bex Analyzer:

Display Sort Icons Disable;

Apply formating Disable;

Allow navegation Disable;

We need some orientation how to further increase this limitation, or leaving the query lighter or increasing the memory limitation of .net framework or backing to BEX 3.5 funcionalities.

Has anyone encountered such problems in the update? Some alternative solution ?

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please refer the following SAP Notes and check whether it helps you:

2061104 - BEx Analyzer: Throws out of memory exception when there are many data providers and hence the size of the XML is very large.

2041337 - BExAnalyzer: Performance in Serialization of Structure Members and Cells

2117714 - BExAnalyzer is not activated when loaded together with PowerPivot for Excel

1958613 - Optimizing the BEx Analyzer Performance - Known Corrections and Best Practice Guidelines

1970826 - A Critical Program Error occurs when executing a Query using the SAP Default Workbook

Also, please refer the following SAP Note:

147519 - Maintenance strategy / deadlines for SAP GUI

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Caio,

The limitation lies on .Net Framework 32 bits which can handle 1.2 gigabytes.

You are reaching 1.8 Million because your datacells has no data or almost no data.

There is a KBA documenting your issue: SAP Note 1860872

There you will find a recommendation of Openhub, that allows you to extract data.

Just remember that BEx Analyzer is a tool for query navigation, not mass data extraction.

Kind Regards,
Edward John
SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edward,

I understand your points, in fact, I already have studied the note you sent me.

I agree with you recomendation that the BEX analyzer is a tool for query navigation, not mass data extraction, however this wasn´t a problem in the BEX 3.5 and we built a complex solution running a query with more than 750,000 cells, we will work to migrate the tool, but we will spend a lot of time to do this.

I need to find the best quick solution to this (if exists), maybe any way to not use a .NET framework like BEX 3.x or how to install a .NET Framework 64 bits to increase the limit or anything else.

Thanks for the response speed.

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand your point. Just keep in mind that this is not recommended neither supported by SAP.

Well, .NET Framework 64 bits will not help here. The tools were compiled on 32 bits.

My ideas:

Regarding, key figures. Avoid to use Number of Decimal Places and Scaling Factor. Use the minimum necessary.

Avoid to display Key + Text of your elements. Use OR Key OR Text.

If you have too many Result Rows, try to remove the unecessary. This also consume datacells and .Net framework RAM memory.

Best Regards,

Edward John