cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis MS Office Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some answers to questions on scheduling Analysis for MS Office (AO) workbooks. I have found note 2134836 for scheduling Analysis workbooks and I see towards the bottom of the note it mentions "8. Variable prompt is only available from BIP 4.1 SP5 and AO BIP ADD-ON 1.4 SP10;"

With BIP 4.1 SP5, the BIP Add-On 1.4 SP10, and AO 1.4 are you now able to schedule AO workbooks and select prompt values for the schedule? Currently in our system we are not getting the option for prompts when scheduling an AO 1.4 workbook from the BI Platform and I remember a while back prompts were not a supported option when scheduling AO.

Is it possible to install the BIP Add-On with a Linux server or does it require a Windows server?

We are hoping AO could be an alternative option to broadcasting BEx workbooks through the pre-calculation server.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Flangan,

Adding to Tammy Powlas

Yes with BIP 4.1 SP5 scheduling with prompts is possible. You need to have both BIP Add-on & client from 1.4 SP10 Patch1 onwards(or latest 1.4 SP11)

Resave workbook with 1.4 SP11 and try it

have a look at the document

coming to your second question

BIP add-on should install only on Windows Server. It will not support linux server

Hope this info helps for you

Subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

This question came up during an ASUG webcast - see

Please look at updating to 1.4 SP11