cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt ZIP File in Software Download Center (MDM 7.1 Installation Master)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm attempting to install a new SRM-MDM system, but I'm running into a roadblock in that one of the critical components required for installation appears to be corrupted on the Software Download Center. Specifically, the file MDMIM71013_1-20004522.ZIP (MDM 7.1 Installation Master sp13 pl1), found at Support Packages and Patches -> SAP Application Components -> SAP SRM Catalog -> SAP MDM CATALOG MGMT. 7.02 -> MDM Server -> MDM INSTALLATION MASTER 7.1 -> Windows on x64 64bit is exhibiting the problem. It doesn't seem to matter if other paths to the same file are taken, or whether it is downloaded via Download Manager or directly clicking on the link and using the browser download. Afterwards, when trying to extract the ZIP file, a Windows error indicating the compressed file is invalid occurs. This doesn't occur with other ZIP files associated with MDM 7.1 sp13 (the MDM Server, Import Server, etc).

Has anyone else run into this? The file seems to have been out there on the SWDC for a good few months or more, so I'm surprised it could still be having a problem all this time and have gone unnoticed.

I'm using a Win7 Enterprise sp1 x64 workstation, up-to-date with Windows Updates, and, as mentioned, other zip files from the same download location open without a problem.

Cheers,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For others with the same problem, SAP AGS suggested using WinRAR to extract this particular archive, and that worked. If you don't have this installed, you can download a temporary free trial version to get the job done. It might also be extractable with other third-party tools, such as 7zip, but I can't confirm that.

This isn't the case with the other MDM sp13 ZIP files -- they all extract just fine with the Windows "built-in" extractor.

Thanks, Kristen, for following up on this!

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for sharing this.  I am testing it out now, but wonder if you have logged a ticket with the software download team on the SAP Support Portal?

If so, please DM me the incident number.

Cheers,

Kristen