Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event name to validate data - ALV in Webdynpro

former_member197696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am working on a requirement where in i need to display an empty ALV table and allow user to enter details.

1) user enters value in column one and clicks enter , other fields in the row must be updated.

I am fetching internal table in modify view and binding the table.

Is there any event so that i can fill or validate only a specific row.

2) I am unable to click the internal table once it gets binded. That does not allow me to append/insert/delete any records.

3) Is there any way i can make my ALV editable and show empty rows when ever i scroll down. For now i am able to fill empty rows manually.

lastly

Can there be some method to copy data from excel and paste in table (copy clipboard).

Note: I checked for all the material but could not get enough knowledge on the subject.

Thanks in advance

SSK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Please follow this tutorial, which helps you in copying data to alv/table from the clipboard.

When user enters a field and clicks enter, the other columns of the row can be upsated by using the ON_CLICK event handler and writing the corresponding logic to update the internal table.

To display empty rows, the following code can be used, in table settings.

set_display_empty_rows( abap_true ).      

Regards,

Harsha

former_member197696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for the reply.

The link you shared was really wonderful.(Just as i wanted)

Everything is fine except on_click.

it does not trigger , how ever only onleadselection triggers when clicked on one row.

My req is below

I have 3 colums in my ALV. When i enter a value in 1st column i need to populate the both

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

We have to use ON_DATA_CHECK event for this scenario.please check the following, which might help you.

ON_DATA_CHECK - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Regards,

Harsha

Answers (0)