cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with implementation context vs. dimension

0 Kudos

Hi all!

We are going to implement our first corporate scorecard in SSM(10.1)

Business requirement s in term of 'context' modeling.

1. 1.Org Units: Corporate + 4 regions + 3 'sub regions'.
  2. Organizatinal structure should be in the tree:

Company

---region

-----------subregion

-----------subregion

To implement  this requiment we decided to create multiple context using templates.

We have dimension ORG Unit with hierarchy in BW and import it to pas by
Bica.

After implementation this decision we have 2 problems:

1. 1.Very bad performance when we switch through the contexts. I add only
    one KPI but it take about 30 seconds for switching.
  2. 2.Problem with hiararchy in the context. I expected that get hierarchy
    in the context like in the pas. But Instead of I get the list.Company,region,sub
    region.

If someone solve the problems
like these?I'm very glad to get the help.

Is there other way to implement multiply context  except of using templates?

Best regards,

Benyamin Orit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Orit,

First of all I doubt your performance (time to switch between contexts) has any relation with the fact you have used templates to create your contexts, which is a totally standard function to do so. I would rather check 2 things regarding performance:

1- Is the data that you are importing from BW on the fly? This could make the performance slow down, so it is highly recommended to IMPORT DATA in BICA and then schedule a periodic update depending on how often data changes within BW.

2-Check Sizing: Sizing includes the network bandwidth, physical memory, CPU processing power, and I/O capacity. The size of the hardware and database is influenced by business aspects and technological aspects.This means that the number of users using the put on the server must be taken into account. Refer to document Sizing SAP Strategy Management Version 10.1 for further detail.

In relation to the issue you mention with hierarchy visualization on UI: in order to visualize the hierarchy of the contexts in the UI you must go to the SSM ADMINISTRATOR < CONTEXT MANAGER, once there on the left bottom of the page you will find option "ORGANIZE CONTEXTS", select this option. Inside you will be able to create the visual hierarchy using the "LEFT,RIGHT,UP,DOWN" controls:

Ej:

TOTAL BUSINESS

UNIT 1

UNIT 2

UNIT 2.1

UNIT 2.2

save, and this same appearce you configure will appear on the front-end on the drop down field to select the context.

As well remember so that each of these contexts displays on the IU only the data it should, that you have to apply the corresponding dimension filter. To do so, go to the SSM ADMINISTRATOR < CONTEXT MANAGER < SCORECARD MANAGER < SCORECARD BY DEFAULT < FILTERS: select for each context the corresponding dimension filter. In the "TOTAL BUSINESS" (the highest output memeber) context do NOT select any filters at all, and this way it will show info for the entire business, being able to drill down data of each KPIs for all contexts, if this is what you want.

Is there other way to implement multiply context  except of using templates?

Yes, if you are in the early stages of the strategy management implementation you could use the ssm external data loader. You enter data in a pre-defined spreadsheet, save the information to a TXT file, and use the External Data Loader function in the Transporter tool to load the data into ssm. Please notice that this could be useful the first time you create the scorecard, but should not be used to apply changes once your scorecards are already created. Anyway, I think the template function is totally OK, as well you can COPY a context to create a new one in case you do not want to use the template function.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer - its very helpful for us. According to issue of performance we found sap note 2159492 . We must install new service pack to solve the problem of switching context.

Answers (0)