cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Integrating testing and User acceptance test in my case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks!

My project deals with Enhancements. we are done with Dev by having few objects added to infocubes and multiproviders. We have also updated 12 queries by adding 2 free chars.

Question:

As we are in test phase, i am wondering what intergrating test and user acceptence test i need to perform? This is just an enhancement project and we have modified few IC and Queries.

So, what exactly i need to do in integration, i am wondering what might the exact test since the data is already there in underlying cubes from different modules. Could any one give an glimpse of these tests. Would request to give a sample test cases of both integration and UAT.

Thanks,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

The answer to your question is based on your need to add those objects to infocube/multiprovider.

To answer your question in general manner following could be probable test cases:

1) If you have enhanced existing infocube by adding some characteristics then please check if the data is loaded properly into the newly added fields. (Needless to say you should also think/act if the historical data lying in the cube also needs to be updated with the newly added field)

2) Check if the data for the newly added fields in infocube are available for reporting on the queries created on top of multiprovider.

If the mentioned tests are applicable then please mention precisely what was the need of your changes and what exactly has been done to existing objects.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Ashish!

I just need answers to 2 more questions.

1. In UAT, will users have access to the systems and run the reports themselves? OR will they just access reports run by developer and play around with the reports?

2. Will Query performance test come under Integrating testing? if not when we need to check the query

run time checks since i already have historical data in integration systems.

Please let me know your comments and I am good to go

Thanks,

Rohit

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit

Please see the answers of the questions:

1. In UAT, will users have access to the systems and run the reports themselves? OR will they just access reports run by developer and play around with the reports?

Ans: UAT means testing of your development and its acceptance by users.

So during the testing the system will be certainly available for users so they can check and test the report too.

2. Will Query performance test come under Integrating testing? if not when we need to check the query

run time checks since i already have historical data in integration systems.

Ans: Usually this is a part of unit testing and has to be done by developer before releasing it for UAT.

So please check the reports with the data in integration system and try to observe change in query runtime. (Take before image of query and execute the query with identical selections after import and observe the difference in runtime).

Regards

Ashish 

Answers (0)