cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform value in XML output

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there way to transform the value in a XML output from the BLS without a repeater? I tried "Value Map" action block but it is expecting the source XML document, not the BLS XML output.

Eg:XML out rows:

ProductCode    Customer    Qty

1000                    ABC       1000

1100                    XXX        50

1200                    YYY        200

I want to transfor the Customer value to "INTERNAL" wherever "ABC" is there.

ProductCode    Customer          Qty

1000                 INTERNAL   1000

1100                 XXX              50

1200                 YYY             200

Thanks,

Latha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

If the value mapper expects XML as source, doesn't matter where it comes from. You can utilize it. You must be doing some assignment to output xml property. Do the same assignment to value mapper to make it work the way you wish.

Regards,

Swaroop

0 Kudos

Hi,

My Source BLS output is an XML file. In the ValueMap.vmap (in the Meta-Inf when defining the rule) when I click on "Browse Document" it doesn't give me the option to select the source bls's xml output. Please see the sceenshot below. Is there way to sepecify the BLS XMl output here?

Thanks,

Latha.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Latha,

Screen shot of your BLS would help me to suggest in a better way.

Thanks,

Swaroop

0 Kudos

Hi,

Value map action block is expecting a predefind rule in the Meta-Inf tab "ValueMap.map" file. In ValueMap.map file we need to specify the rule by providing the input xml file path. In the above sceenshot I couldn't browse myTest BLS XML output. I couldn't even specify my BLS's XML output...Something like projectname/foldername/BLSName/XMLOutput....

Could you provide me the details on how to use Value Mapping action block?

Regards,

Latha.

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the source document in your value map config you will need to create an example xml document with the same structure as your BLS Output xml and save it somewhere in your project. If you haven't found it already maybe the blog linked below can help:

Regards,
Christian