Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to identify the row to input field in table in BDC

sivab4u
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have a scenario to create customer master data upload, so i have decided for go for call transaction bdc. but the problem is in one of the tab it has a table which can have multiple records which has values displayed based on configuration maintained, but for one record we need to pass the value from our bdc, remaining all the line items are in disabled mode except for this particular record only one field will be ready for input value. and this line item can be in any order.

so how do i pass the value for this particular field in the table, which can change in its order of display(i.e it can 1st row or 2nd row etc...).

Please help me to build a logic for this.

Regards,

siva

3 REPLIES 3

VenkatRamesh_V
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try,

Creating two recordings (disable mode input and enable mode input ), consult with functional consultant regarding  configuration validation fields . pass the   the recording codings  according to the validation fields available in internal table.

Hope it helpful,

Regards,

Venkat.V

0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Hope you did not understand my requirement. suppose a table has 4 columns(1,2,3,4) and 6 rows(a,b,c,d,e,f) now all the values are coming by default but the value of (b,3) is the only input field rest all are disabled.

Now the issue is row B can be in any order(It can be 1st record or 2nd record or 5th record etc..), so how to find out in which row the field to enter using BDC.

0 Kudos

You'll have to let us know which screen is involved here.

Rob