cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The system <name> can be contacted, but there is no Central Management Server running at port 6400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running BOE in Solaris 10 with the Oracle DB installed in the same server. BOE was running fine but suddenly it stops working. The most recent activities were the file systems moved from SVM (Solaris Volume Manager) to ZFS. The old copies of BOE are still in the SVM but it also has the same issue.

The log from BOE shows:

:

err: Error: Couldn't logon to CMS

err: Error description: The system XXXXXX can be contacted, but there is no Central Management Server running at port 6400.

:

I think the CMS server is not started. Please advise how to start the CMS server and any pointer to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Note: I have zero experience of BOE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BI 4.X, in order to connect with CMS database it is required to have 64-bit client installed on the server.

If you have also installed 32-bit Oracle client for Crystal reports 2011 along with the 64-bit Oracle client, Check if the following Environment variables are set properly:

Refer KBA 1906575 - What environment variables need to ser in AIX environment if CMS and

Reporting database is Oracle in SAP BI 4.0 ?. 

Regards,
Rukaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to everyone's advise.

After following the link http://scn.sap.com/post.jspa?container=2082&containerType=14&reply=false that I inserted a -trace before -fg in cmsLAUNCH in ccm.config file, The boe log flagged out compliant of oracle library files.

With that, I followed a working BOE server by comparing the files the access rights of oracle libary and it is working now.

BTW, could you advise how to get access to the KB that you guys' recommended to visit? Just to prepare for the next problem surface.

former_member209323
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the following command

ps -u <bo user> and search for 'boe_cmsd'

If boe_cmsd is missing that means CMS is not running.

-Now try to run the command ./cmsdbsetup.sh from the sap_bobj folder.

-Check if you are getting error

-If you are not getting error then choose the option update and give in the information asked.

Regards,

~Shree

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leong.

Kindly refer the SAP KBA

1341214 - Error:Couldn't logon to CMS

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

How to access the document as I don't know how to go about registering with the following requirement?

In an SAP system you can find your installation number under System -> Status.