Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADOBE Forms Blank space in case value not present

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 6 address fields. I have wrapped them in a subform of flowed type.

In case value is not present in certain field I want below field to be pushed up and space adjusted accordingly.

For this I have also used the code

if(this.rawValue == null) 

this.presence = "hidden"; 

}

This is hiding the field but not adjusting the space.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone got the solution:

Managed to finally figure this one out myself.  I found note 1506782 that put me on the right track.

It comes down to that I was missing the SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC = 'X' and the scripting was in the wrong event.  I should have had the scripting in the DocReady event.  Thought I had tried all the events.

Two small changes relieves a very big headache.  Hope the helps someone else out there.

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi,

Make it hidden in form itself then if row contains data make it visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone got the solution:

Managed to finally figure this one out myself.  I found note 1506782 that put me on the right track.

It comes down to that I was missing the SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC = 'X' and the scripting was in the wrong event.  I should have had the scripting in the DocReady event.  Thought I had tried all the events.

Two small changes relieves a very big headache.  Hope the helps someone else out there.

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm having that headache too!!. :).

Let me briefly explain my scenario:

On the printing program I have also defined SFPDOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC = 'X'.

1.- I have a Flowed Subform which contains three fields. For each field, on the Initialization Event, I have the following Java Script code:

if ( <variable_to_check> == null ){
this.presence = "hidden";
}else
{
this.presence = "visible";
}

If the condition is matched, the field are hidden, but unfortunately there's still a gap on the form.

I'm going to do the adjustment on the DocReady event and the Alternative node(Subform Set). ( Never used so far 🙂 )

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards.
Raúl