cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to find out how a batch classification is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have previously sent out a message and the idea given was not very helpful.

Anyway, this is my question:

I have found a class and its characteristic which was setup in the system and I would like to know how this classification` is being use in the system.

For example, I would like to know which process (i.e. during goods receipt, during sales order creation, during production, during warehouse) is using this classification to perform their transaction.

Do you know how to find out this kind of information in the SAP system?

Thanks
Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you want to know how the batch classification is used in general in SAP or how it is used in the system where you found it?

In the latter case make an interview with the users, any process that has to do with stock can make use of the batch classification

In general is classification exact what the word "classification" means. You describe something in more detail in an organized way. Classification is a modification free way to add own "fields" to standard objects, the user can immediately search  in classification without an extra effort to develop a search help.

The batch classification can be used in a batch determination to to enable SAP to automatically search for batches with certain characteristics.and assign them to documents like sales order, delivery, goods movements, transfer orders, and production/process orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jargen,

Basically, it is like this…

I found a class (with its characteristic) setup in the system, and I would like to know how is this class is used in the SAP system. For example, is this class used in SD, Goods Receipt, Goods Issue, etc.

How do you pull out such information from System?

Thanks,
Tuff

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you would need to check if there are condition records for batch determination for the specified process, then you can assume that it is used.

For deliveries it might be the easiest task to find an evidence, since you can setup if batch determination is carried out automatically in deliveries. Soif you have condition records and this setup in place, then it was used. But in MM batch determination is a manual activity and you can't know the use like you can't know if the user pressed F4 .

You can check whether the batch determination is setup to check if manually entered batches fulfill the classification, in this case the classification is used too by the system, just not active by the user.

Answers (0)