cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete PO Line Item with Down Payment Existing in Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru,

We have a PO with 6 line items.  A down payment was set up in the header level and is already paid to the vendor in the previous year, 2014.  There is no Goods Receipt yet for this line item in the PO.  One line item in the PO will be cancelled.  When we cancel the line item, it would not allow us to do so because there is already a down payment posting.  How do we cancel the line item of the PO with downpayment?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There is simple way to clear the downpayment. please transfer the balance of down payement to other PO for same vendor. or if there is invoice for the same vendor with the same downpayemnt amount once you post the vendor , vendor will get credit clear the debit and credit balance of the vendor thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding you have to reverse first down payment against the purchase order from FB08 then only you can able to delete line item from the PO.

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

We cannot reverse the down payment in FB08 because we have already paid the down payment and posted it already.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthew,

Now if you want to delete the PO line item and down payment exist for the line items then you need to reverse the down payment and delete the PO line items.

If you have paid to vendor in previous year, then plz take help of your FI person if any way you create debit note in system against that payment. If possible

In Standard way, you need to 1st reverse the clearing items appearing in FBL1N. After this the line item will appear in open items. Then cancel down payment request in FB08 and then try to cancel PO line item.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member640971
Discoverer
0 Kudos

in the same problem i want to issue a warning message thet the po line itme can not be deleted...can anyone tell me the message number for this?