Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong depreciation post in new dep Area

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to post depreciation on revaluation account in different GLs and to meet this requirement we create two depreciation area. One depreciation area is 70 which is copy of our main depreciation area 01 with no GL posting & no revaluation allowed & the other one is 75 which id derived one i.e. 01 - 70 and posting indicator is set as 3 "Area posts depreciation only".

We run afbn for 70 depreciation area & it copies all values from 01 to 70 depreciation area. Now we have testing one scenario & outcome of the same is defined below:-

Values in depreciation area 01

Asset value as of 01.01.2014 - Rs 29,611.10

Depreciation posted till 30.09.2014 - Rs 5529.

Planned depreciation for the month of Oct in dep area 01 - Rs 627

Total depreciation upto oct 2014 - Rs 6157 (5529+627)

Values in depreciation area 70

Asset value as of 01.01.2014 - Rs 29,611.10

Depreciation posted till 30.09.2014 - Rs 0.

Planned depreciation for the month of Oct in dep area 01 - Rs 6157

Values in depreciation area 75 - derived depreciation area 01-70

System is showing differential depreciation of Rs Rs 5529 i.e. (6157-627)

As per the requirement for this asset system should not calculate any difference as there is no revaluation posted but system is calculating depreciation for the whole fiscal year in depreciation area 70. Expected value in this scenario is 0 depreciation in depreciation area 75.

Please help.

Regards

Sarvottam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvottam how you have maintain the deperciation keys , and your assest master data filed selection, while you posting the assests deperciation will start by system , what settings have you done in deperciation keys and also while posting the assest , check your assest master data .

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inayat,

It can be from OADB setting. what will be setting of New Dep Area? Please suggest me.

Regards

Sarvottam

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Depreciation is not copying ,monthly in new depreciation area. System is showing one entry in 10th period of full year depreciation.

Regards

Sarvottam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI have you tried to  maintain the deperciation key AFAMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can youo check that which is the current period going on for your company code. Is it thta its 10 period now so in that case as no values is posted as depreciation so in 10th period system will show the value of depreciation for period 1 to 10 the cumulative amount and then in 11th and 12th period system will show the individual period values.

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvottam,

Have you maintained any value for the dep.area 75 in OABC & OABD?

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I have maintain the value in OADB. Please check attached file of new dep Area.

I am not understanding that Why is picking system All period Depreciation in 10th period in new Dep Area.

Regards

Sarvottam

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvottam,

Share screen shot of dep.area 75 in OABC & OABD?

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member470479
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

System is copying from the depreciation in new Dep Area. Please suggest.

Regards

Sarvottam