cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the 'net price' error coming from?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

a) user scenario:

1. user created PR (line item 10-60) with various mat# for consumption (acc assg catg 'K') and released.

2. PIR for mat/vendor/delivering plant and Porg created with valid conditions and dates - only PIR for line item #60 got created on the PR date

3. Line item 10-50 got converted successfully to PO via background job

4. For line item#60 error occurred - error log:Please enter net price

b) my testing scenario:

1. created PR for effected material# and released

2. created PIR with valid condition and date for the mat#/vendor/del. plant

3. created PO for the vendor/del. plant, mat#, PR and got error - (a) Net price must be greater than 0 (b) Please enter net price

I have compared with the successful line items with the problematic one and I can only find that in material master the 'Per. unit price' value is 0 for the effected mat#. Could this be the reason?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your PO creation to be automatic , you can to provide the source in the PR through the automatic source determination process .

In the source tab did you gave the Info Record number ? or you just maintained the price in teh valuation tab ?

Normally price will be determined on the info record / OA if not from MMR . Prices in the PO are time independent and since you created the PIR just prior creating the PO , last purchasing document price is not available and in the PO creation , it would not have taken and thrown the error ?

please check this sap document.

Regards,

Price Determination - Purchasing (MM-PUR) - SAP Library

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are creating PO from PR, cross check you have valuation price in PR in t.code:ME53N for material which is available in line item 60?

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valuation price is found for the PR line item. But only when converting PR to PO, the error occurred.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Per unit price' should come automatically as 1 in standard SAP.

Just test the same line item with manual PO create (from ME21N) and check are you facing the same error.

Additionally check the OSS note 895449 - ME59N: No prices with central purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

I have created the above scenario via ME21N and got the said errors.

What would be the T-code/steps to update the 'Per unit price' value. MM02 not possible.

Thanks.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

'Per unit price' (EKPO-PEINH) will come automatically in purchase order, there are no provision to make it 0 (instead of any development / enhancement).

Can you please post a screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dibyendu, attached is the material master of the effected mat# snapshot. Thanks.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is this view of material master (i guess this is not accounting 1 view).

Can you please give the technical name of this field from F1-technical information.

(I was talking about the PO field EKPO-PEINH)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is...

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is a field from material ledger which could either be a moving average  or a standard price, see the F1 field help and follow the hyperlink in the help to know more about the purpose of this field and how the value gets into it.

You should click the price analysis button in your PO item detail condition tab to see why you do not get a price instead of speculating.

Usually a price in a purchase order to your vendor does no come from a material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. valid condition from PIR not being captured into PO

2. condition analysis status for the PO

Any pointers?

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

validate your screenshots with the a screenshot from the price that you expect, e.g. for 1) a screenshot of your condition in the info record.

2) this screenshot insufficient as it just gives details about access 05.

But we do not know what data you have from where SAP shall pick the price, hence you have to show us this part  and then the corresponding info for the Pricing analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. PR valuation

2. PR source of supply ie. PIR

3. PIR condition

The error occurring when PR auto converted to PO. Even getting the same via ME21N. Not sure about the pricing analysis. Any help?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could have posted a black screen, this had not much less info like these screenshots.

If you want help that you should not hide all the important information that enables the SCN people to validate your PO and PR entries with with the info record information.

How can one know that screenshot for PIR is for the same material? As you have difficulties with the price, it does not make any sense to hide the valid from date. Maybe this is already the root cause, that the condition is not valid at the time of order creation.

you hide the currency, another missing opportunity to know whether you are showing the right condition.

Beside of that I see it is order account assigned, and I see that there is a supplying plant in your purchase order. I think you should explain a bit the process too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

apology...i was a bit paranoid on not sharing client info...do not want to get into any trouble

I have checked and double checked and found:

a) mat# in PR and PIR matches

b) the PIR was created on the same day as the PR creation - PO conversion b'ground job executed on same day

c) the currency of PR and PIR matches

yes, it is a purchase done between plants. out of 60 line items in the PR with the same purchase group, Porg and plant only line item #60 is having this issue.

Thanks.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I don't see a starting point to help you based on the given info except in explaining a price determination  from A to Z.

What do you think for what reason SAP has a valid from and valid to date in an info record condition?

And this dates are compared with information that you maintain in the date of your purchase order.

how can one investigate if that is in order in your case without seeing the information. You just used some more words as others who only post "my data and customizing is well, still I have an error"

This does not proof anything except that the price determination is not understood.

Your price analysis in the purchase order should actually have an access sequence for the inforecord. and the details will clearly tell you why the info record could not be accessed to get the price from there.

I told you yesterday:

2) this screenshot insufficient as it just gives details about access 05.

But we do not know what data you have, from where SAP shall pick the price, hence you have to show us this part  and then the corresponding info for the Pricing analysis

you did not even answer to this.