cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: How to exit an Personas app by pressing a button?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas 2.0 experts,

I made a Personas app and now the client wants the following way of exit:

The client can presses an image on a webpage which will launch the url of the Personas app. After user has done his tasks inside the Personas app, he wants to press an button which will exit the Personas app and go back his original webpage. One can close the Personas app by closing teh Personas window, but the client wants to use a button (or script) to quit teh Personas.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do this? Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does not seem to have any answer this, so I better close it.

My solution:

Old solution: window.close()  but this will prompt two user notes.

New solution: window.open('','_parent',''); window.close(); This is for IE (>7) you can skip one prompt notes. Better than nothing.

Set to correct.

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you mean a confirmation popup asking if you really want to leave the page, you could add the following parameter to the Personas URL:

&skipcloseconfirmation=true

However this will need a new correction to work which is scheduled to be released in next week's note (week 22 of 2015).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

This will be great if it works. Could you pass me the info how I can get it work here when it is available (ie, do we need to install extra notes)? I tested it with my current Personas, and it did not work yet.

By the way, where can I find the info about what kind of url parameters that can be used for special Personas Ui behavior?

Thanks.

Dong

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What I meant is the next Personas 2.0 note which is scheduled to come out this week. Keep an eye on note 1964257 and apply the additional new note when it's released and this parameter should work then.

As for the URL parameters, they are listed in this Knowledge Base article: Personas 2.0 Tips and Tricks - Parameters - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki

Answers (0)