Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.25 version: linked analysis

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anybody tell how to get the linked analysis? (between maps and charts)

My version is a Desktop.

And, is it possible to have the Universe Query Panel in the Desktop?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the linked analysis, from looking at Sharon Om's post this picture:  http://scn.sap.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/38-124331-689798/10+story+drill.PNG

It looks like you need to create hierarchies on two visualizations, for example, create a story board (not infographics) and then when you "preview" the story and drill up / drill down on one visualization in the story it should also show the same drilling on the other visualization in the story

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I have just tried in the story board putting together a map and a bar chart but I don't know how to integrate both.

At the moment, it seems like always I mean both work separately .

Is it possible to get further information?

Thanks again.

Regards.

som
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI David

In 1.25 we support one form of linked analysis for drill workflow on storyboards. You do not have to do anything special to link the visualizations. When you have two or more and drill down on a hierarchy from one chart including maps it filters other charts on the same page.

Shortly we will deliver linked analysis with filters and more powerful input control support on infographic.

We also planned to deliver infographic from multple Hana queries. All of these are in a short term road map and some of them may be shown at Sapphire next week.

Think of 1.25 as a warm up and please stay tunes for more update over the next couple of short cycle releases.

Thanks

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon,

the new form of linked analysis would be enough for me but, I don't know what I'm doing wrong that, in my storyboard, I'm not able to link chart and maps.

Please, could you show an example?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In 1.25 release, for story boards, "linking" means applying the filter (which is one consequence of drilling operations) at the page level, that is, across all visualizations that are included on the same board page.

Thus, you do not have to do anything special to achieve the "linking" among visualizations on the story board when performing a drilling operation on one of the board visualizations.

The second consequence of a drilling operation (besides filtering) is the hierarchy level change, and it will be applied only on the visualization you interacted with. This will allow you to compare your parts (e.g. regions) against the whole (e.g. country). In case you prefer to see the same level of detail (e.g. regions) in the other visualizations, you can subsequently drill into a particular visualization to adjust its hierarchy level.

As Sharon mentioned, this type of "linking" where a consequence (e.g. filter) of an interaction (e.g. drill, or filter/exclude, or using input controls) against one visualization is applied against all visualizations on the same story page, will be expanded to cover more interactions and be possible in infographics in the short term.

Regards,

Boris

former_member254358
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have had to reinstall Lumira and now it works fine and the integrated analysis behaves as expedted.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David - I don't have a quick answer on linked analysis

On the Universe Query Panel, when you go to the menu File > Extension, do you see the Universe Query Panel?  You may need to give it a few seconds; if it is there you can install it.

Tammy