Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-D barcode printing.

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

we are using SAP 6.0 and SAP Basis release 702. Problem is that:-

- We would like to have changes on VDA-label according to VDA-standard 4902 Version 4. New barcodes have to be printed in addition to existing ones. According to SAP DataMatrix ECC200 barcodes are not supporting.

- We want to use this in our script.

-  I found OSS note- 1558595 & 645158 but I am not sure the consequence.

So please advise.

Thanks

Sits

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the forms technology you are using in SAP for the label?

SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe does support Datamatrix 2D barcode.

The central SAP note on Datamatrix ECC200 barcode support for SAPscript/Smart Forms is

2001392 (requires NW 740 SP08).

The Datamatrix/QRCode barcode solution is available for certain lower NW 7xx releases, check notes 2029824+ 2029589 - this requires ABAP import and kernel update).

Regards,

Alex

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

We want to change in our SAP script. And we have already higher level of support package.

Please advise.

Thanks

sits

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sits,

if you already have the ABAP changes from note 2029824, then all you need to do is employ the 721 kernel listed in note 2029589 in your system.

You should then be able to define Datamatrix ECC200 system barcodes in SE73 and print them via PCL/PS/PRESCRIBE/SAPWIN or PDF printers.

Regards,

Alex

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I am not sure if I will implement note-2029824 what will be the consequence because I am totally new to

this bar-code printing.

We want to use only SAP DataMatrix ECC200 barcodes for printing.

Please advise.

Thanks

Sits

alexander_bolloni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sits,

which is the NW support package level of your 702 system?

The changes from note 2029824  come with SP 17 of 702...

Maybe you already have them?

Anyway, when you import these ABAP changes, you get the ability in SE73 to define QR code  system barcodes and also Datamatrix ECC200 barcodes. This is what you want, right?

Again, in order to be able to print DataMatrix ECC200 from SAPscript you will need both, the ABAP changes from 2029824 and the kernel update to 721 kernel, PL 317 (or higher)  as described in 2029589.

By now, 721 is, I believe, the standard kernel for 702 based systems, so the latter should not be a big challenge.

Regards,

Alex

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Alex,

I have send mail to you  PDF file for VDA Matrix barcode print. If you see page no.8 you will find some of the
rows has marked white. So we are into manufacture of ABS parts of Heavy vehcile.
So which are the rows I need to consider for 2D barcode printing ? In my business all are not needed
and user not have more input on this.
If you will see page no-7 at point-8 you can see the logo of safety and barcode which we want to have.

Regards
Sits
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sits,

I assume you work in the automotive industry.

As Lukas mentioned before with an external Output Management Tool you can decouple Printers from you SAP backend Systems and gain a lot of Advantages in flexibility.

With LRS OM you can take the SAP data an our solution can create the 2D Barcode/Label and then print or transform into a print-ready data stream.

This makes especially sense within big, global operating companies, which have a complex output architecture with several dozens or even hundreds of print servers. You may also face Performance Problems with Label and Barcode printing in These old historical Output architectures which we solve for our customers.

Let me know, if you want to hear more.

Br

Leo

former_member267975
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leonardo & Lukas,

Thanks for input. But How to implement this one do I need to consider any note or what I have do ? Because we have already higher level in support package and want to use DataMatrix ECC200.  We want to change in our SAP script.

Please advise?

Thanks

Sits

LBretschneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Sits,

there are two possible ways out of this:
- 2030263 - Support for QR Code 2005 Barcode in SAPscript and Smart Forms (if upgrade is feasible).

Otherwise, you can use external output systems / barcode renderer (like LRS VPSX for example as Output Management System) . These tools can - besides other functionality - create barcodes externally on every printer.

Best Regards,

Lukas