cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parter function deletion is not replicated from ECC to CRM

sai_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, As business requirement, ship to party partner function is deleted in sold to party sales area data tab, but those changes  not replicated from ECC to CRM hence Ship to party BP relationship is not deleted from sold to. May I know the reason? If possible to replicate those changes where I have to make changes in middleware settings. Here i enclosed screen shot, where we did the deletion in customer master. Appreciate your help if anybody helps .... Thank you Regards Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

I have created a blog about issue Partner function deletion.

http://scn.sap.com/community/crm/master-data-and-middleware/blog/2015/04/10/partner-function-deletio...

Hope the blog helps.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Julin Xin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sai_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Julin Xin,

Thank you for share the information. My issue is resolved with your help.

Thank you

Regards

Sai

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Nice to see the problem is resolved.

Cheers,

Best regards,

Julin Xin

bernadette_fredericks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai

The deletion of the partner function will not delete the relationship mainly because this relationship can be used in other Sales Area as well. Also the partner function usage is to assign the relationship to be used in certain sales areas. So when the deletion happens this means
the relationship assigned to certain sales area is deleted which in turn is called as Partner Function.

This does not mean that the entire relationship is deleted. Say for E.g. as mentioned in note 490454, A Company ABC, has a relationship with contact person XYZ, assigned to the partner function with sales area PQR. When the company is reorganized, at that time these Sales Areas will become invalid but not the contact person relationship. So the partner function assigned to the Sales Area PQR is deleted and the relationship remains intact for further usages.  So to sum up, the standard implementation does not support auto-deletion of relationship in CRM BP when you delete the corresponding partner function in ERP customer

You can check out the notes 490454 and 497146 if you no longer need the relationship to be retained. Note 490454 will explain the working feature of Partner Function and the relationships in terms of their usage in the exact business scenario.

Hope this helps.

Bernadette

sai_t
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bernadette, Thank you for your reply. will check and let you know Regards Vijay