cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transactional Fiori Apps for EAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP have released  300+ FIORI apps which includes many fact sheet FIORI apps for EAM. However not a single transactional FIORI app have been released for EAM so far. SAP may be planning to cover them in future release.

Has any one developed FIORI transactional app for EAM?

In my opinion, raising notification (reactive work), inspection round and work completion (notification update + order confirmation). are good use cases for FIORI transactional app.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Rajendra,

Thanks for raising this topic here. I am from Product management team of SAP EAM and would like to share some information about what we have done so far and what are our future plans.

Currently available apps

We currently have fact sheets for most of the EAM master data and transactions for example

- Equipment

- Functional location

- Maintenance Order

- Maintenance Notification,

- Maintenance Plan,

- Completion Confirmation,

- Measuring point,

- Measurement Document,

- Object Link and

- Task list.

These fact sheets were released with Wave 2.

Current development Plans

We are currently developing app for creating maintenance request as well as malfunction report. This app will significantly simplify user interactions and improve quality of data collected while some one creates a request.

Future Plans

We also have plans to create Fiori App for Maintenance technician. These new apps will help them to prepare, execute and close maintenance / inspection jobs assigned to them. These apps will provide end to end support for technicians and other supervisory roles with whom they interact.

(Please note that items in current and future plans described above are tentative and part of road map for SAP EAM solution)

Regards

Hemant Rathod

Product Management

SAP Enterprise Asset Management

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hemant

Thanks for the info.

Do you have any useful links relating to Fiori and EAM?

What are your time scales for delivering the notification/order transactional apps?

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

I saw from the latest HANA release notes that the Fiori App for Maintenance technician is listed as future development, but I'd like to know if it is being prioritized.  It looks like nice functionality, but isn't it competing with Work Manager?

Regards

Eugene

faisal_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Can you pls elaborate as what you mean by saying that currently "Fact sheets" are available for EAM.  We have recently upgraded our system to SAP EHP 7. (Not HANA based)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

FIORI Factsheets are view only apps. SAP should be running on HANA to use these apps.

These apps display contextual information and key facts about central objects used in your business operations.

From a fact sheet area (tile), you can drill down into its details. You can navigate from one fact sheet to its related fact sheets. For example, you can navigate from a document to the related business partner or to the master data.

Fact sheets run only on an SAP HANA database and require an ABAP stack

Thanks,

Subba

abcl0653
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hemant,

I tried to add pfcg role SAP_BR_MAINTENANCE_TECHNICIAN into my user to see the Maintenance Order UI. but in the fiori launchpad, i can see the EAM group and no titles.

Are such apps already developed?

Regards, Charlie