cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Japan locale in BI launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need a help from you on language translation of WEBI report.

Actually user wants the report with Japanese translation.

I have studied and ready to use the Translation Management Tool.

But in reports BI Launch pad > Preferences, I am not able to see Japan locale. What i need to do for Japan locale?

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In order to get language translation of webi report, you need to install BO with Japaness language. Then you should be to see Japanese langauge in the GUI of the webi report, and then you need to use translation management tool, to change the language to Japanese. After that you will be able to see your language inside the report cell names, headings etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed Japanese locale in BO portal now. Used TMT to translate the prompts of report and able to in respective locale. But, I am unable to convert the report labels i.e column headers of the report. I have tried GetLocalized() function, but not useful. Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mohan.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the column headers DB table columns? or did you change them to use your own text?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

In BI launchpad goto preferences->Locales and Time zone and select the preferred viewing locale.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Shankar,

I am unable to find Japanese locale under the Preferences> Locale. I am able to see English, French and Portugese there. What need to be done for getting the Japanese language in the list.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Refer the below threads. There are lot of things to be done for viewing the report in specific locale and Time Zone.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohana,

You will need to update / modify the BI 4.x Platform install to add Japanese as a local language.

Translation Manager will only help in translating you Universe to different languages, it will NOT translate the actual text within the report.   The data within the reports is controlled by the database.

If you want the BI LaunchPad buttons and menu to support different languages then you need install these languages as part of the BI4 Platform install.

Regards,

Ajay