SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM (BCS) - PS Integration

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need an understanding regarding Budget Derivation Strategy which should be integrated with PS.

Under PS, we can assign budget at WBS Level straight away without giving any cost combinations like we do in FM.

We will cover all our budgeting needs from FM instead of PS.

Now my question is, what would be the best derivation strategy for applying the required level of budgeting at WBS Level?

What should be the prerequisites and how to create derivation strategy for the same? Any Example strategy will be highly appreciated.

Please guide!

Regards,

Zain Bashir

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Budgeting module in PS is managed independently from PSM-FM. These functionalities are not integrated in any way. When you create budget on WBS level, it will have no impact on FM objects or availability control in FM.

As for derivation strategy, there is no 'golden' rule. You define the strategies according to your business needs.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your message.

Let me rephrase my question please:

We don't want to enable budgeting functionality of PS Module as we want to cater all budgeting relevant functionality from FM and as i am new with FM & PS Integration, i need a guidance on how map WBS Elements of PS with FM?

Please excuse me if my question is very basic, but i just need a little guidance on how to map WBS budgeting with FM. (Source & Target Combinations etc)

Regards.

Zain Bashir

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it is quite basic question and I suggest you to browse SCN for this information. As general line, in FMDERIVE you can select your rule types, for example, 'table lookup' and base derivation of your FM object, say fund centre, based on WBS. Another way would be storing fund centre in WBS master data and reading this data in FMDERIVE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you may take help from the following document also you can brouse "help.sap.com"