SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS Data into SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Im new to IS Retail space. Our PI Consultant pushed the POS Data into SAP BW. I can see the data entries in SMQ1 [in SAP BW] but I dont see them in RSA7 Can some tell how can the data will be pushed in RSA7 [in SAP BW]? Are there any other steps that our PI Consultant should perform? Or I should schedule it in SAP BW? If yes, can some one share your thoughts Any thoughts regards Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh We are on BW 7.4 and I think we are on PI 7 Ill double check with PI Consultant about the version thanks rajeev

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Can you let me know what is the datasource (POS analytics) you are using?

It's 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL or TOTALS?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh Thanks for coming back.. Actually my client is implementing new interface When my PI Consultant pushed POS data into SAP BW,It came into 0RT_PA_TRANS_GDS_MOV,  I could see it SMQ1. To my knowledge it should come and sit in RSA7, from where it moves further in SAP BW [once the Info Package is Run]. In LO space to move data from SMQ1 to RSA7 ,  job is run... Do we need to run similar kind of job...I dont think so [correct me if i'm wrong] Let me know if you need more info cheers Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

It seems you are talking about goods movement.

How data is flowing from POS to ECC for this to adjust inventory?

In BW do you have any program which push data from SMQ1 to RSA7?

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant You can see from the screen shot thats its nothing to do with ECC. Its coming from POS In BW do you have any program which push data from SMQ1 to RSA7? My question is that only. As I can see the entries in SMQ1, Im asking how can i push those entires into RSA7, where I dont see at the moment. regards Rajeev

0 Kudos

Well not sure about answer to your question.

But there must be something which should push data to your delta queue and must have been identified during blue printing of the process.

I asked for ECC interface to see if alternate solution can be found but you have nothing to do with ECC then that will not work, BTW how PI push data from POS to BW (i.e. IDocs, proxy etc)

Thanks,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant PI is using idocs to push data to BW PI is pushing data into 0RT_PA_Goods_Movement .. If you worked on Retail, can you give your experiences.. regards Raj

0 Kudos

What is the message type of IDoc?

Data source you are talking is not XML Data source. So PI can not push data to delta queue directly.

BR,

Vikrant

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check below notes for relevant POS Analytics datasource,

811393 - Extracting and updating POS data

Which describe the procedure of 0RT_PA_TRANS_GDS_MOV (Goods Movements)?

Also let me know, which version are in too? 7.0 or 7.3.1?

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also debug with below FM,

/POSDW/BW_UPDATE_SOURCES

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

suraj_pabbathi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You need configure task 004. Go to /POSDW/IMG >> Tasks >> One Step Processing >> Define Tasks. Copy the Task (Profile 0001, Task 004) to your profile.

Then data will be pushed into standard info cubes. BW team can work from there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Suraj Pabbathi

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

How you are ensuring in SMQ1 the data is coming? You can see only the Queue  name and entries?

Can you debug in FM : /POSDW/TRANSACTIONS_TO_BW

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh Yes I can see only Queue Name and Entries in SMQ1. Suraj, Whats is Task 004 meant for? regards Rajeev

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Task 0004 is used to send data into BW.

Can you go and check in SMQ1 and display  - to see what is the qRFC status there?is it in NOSEND?If yes clear/delete the queues and ask your PI consultant to resend the data.You can also go to QRFC->LOG-Display Log to see the logs.

Hope it helps

Best Regards,

Aram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh We are on BW 7.4 and I think we are on PI 7 Ill double check with PI Consultant about the version thanks rajeev

0 Kudos

Hi,

To make it very clear,

Tasks for sending TLOGS to BW are,

0001 - send data BW without distribution below data source are supported,

• 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL (+ 0RT_PA_TRAN_CON_REM)
  • 0RT_PA_TRAN_MOV_FIN (+ 0RT_PA_FIN_REMOTE)

0004 - Send data BW with distribution below data source are supported,

• 0RT_PA_TRAN_TOTALS  (+ 0RT_PA_TOTALS_REM)
  • 0RT_PA_TRAN_GDS_MOV (+ 0RT_PA_MOV_REMOTE)

Also note that, the above POS Analytics DS does not support Initialize with data transfer and Full load from BW perspective.

Hope this helps better clarity on the subject.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

You can also try with below steps, after executing the task 0001 or 0004, In standard implementation when task 0001 is executed the processusually does following steps:

1. Go to the BAdI /POSDW/TASK_BW

implementation class /POSDW/CL_IM_TASK_BW and call function /POSDW/OUTPUT_BW

2. Convert transactional data to the extract structure in the function /POSDW/OUTPUT_BW

3. Call function /POSDW/BW_UPDATE_ISOURCE in the function /POSDW/OUTPUT_BW

Step 3 is where POSDM application sends data to the data source.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Are you using POS DM in your BW system?

Are us using /posdw/* message type for IDoc?

It looks though I want to confirm.

If yes then follow the expert opinion here from Aram K, Ramesh Duraisamy and Suraj Pabbathi.

Almost they have shared all the information.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

suraj_pabbathi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Normally when we execute the tasks like '004', the data will be extracted from POSDM to queues that you are able to see in SMQ1.

BW team has to develop process chains to consume the queues from SMQ1 and either push the data to info cubes or PSA (Staging area). These process chains can be viewed through transaction code RSPC.

Navigate to RSPC >> Process chains >> Meta chain >> any report scheduler that is developed by BW team will be used.

Thanks,
Suraj Pabbathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys for your responses Ill check and get back to you if i got any issues regards Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Did it solve your issue, then mark the thread complete? so others will be sure about the resolution when they visit this thread.

Thanks,

Suraj Pabbathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Apologies for the delay in my response. Appreciate your support!!! The Issue is fixed by PO Consultant. Can close the thread regards Rajeev