SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date in Purchase order is not consistent with all Line items

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have enable Posting date as optional filed in creation of Purchase order due to positing relating to previous months. This field option enabled due to avoid the error "Posting date is earlier than the Existing date/Period" when you do GR.

Scanaraio -

1. PO consists of 01 line item.  When PO is updated with One posting date in PO Header, its affecting the FM Posting date with updated Posting date and able to Post GR.

E.g. PO Doc date 22.02.2015, Posting date is 08.02.2015,Creation Date 08.04.2015.

We Observed that in FM Ledgers through FMAVCR01 Report, Before Posting date updation, FM Posting date was updated with PO Creation date. Where as after updating Posting date in above PO, FM Posting updated with Posting date. Then system allowing to post the GR Document on 22.02.2015, subsequent to PO document.

2. The related PO consists of 04 Line items. Where as PO is updated with One Posting date in PO Header is affecting the FM Ledgers only for First Line item.

Eg. PO doc date is 28.01.2015 and Posting date is 28.01.2015, Creation date 08.04.2015.

We observed that in FM Ledger through FMAVCR01 report. The posting date updated for above PO is updated only for first line item of the PO. The rest of 02nd, 03rd and 04th line items of FM Posting date is still showing PO Creation date. When we trying to post the GR Document on 22.02.2015, system generating the error Posting date is earlier than existing date/period.

Issue : System not updating the FM Posting date with PO Header posting date, for all line items in Scanario-2.

Please hlep on this.

Thanks & Regards

Sam

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To avoid confusion, there is always only one posting data in PO and it applies to all lines, as it's the attribute of document header; exactly, as for financial document.

Now, for FM date it is all dependent on your update profile. For PO it could be taken as posting date, due date or delivery date. In two last cases, FM date is 'line-dependent', while in the first case it is 'header-dependent'.

'Creation date' is never a basis for FM date, unless you made some modifications to standard code.

So, check your FM update profile including possible customizations you made via OF39.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I agree with you. Posting date in PO should be applies to all line items.

FM Date : We are using Profile 102, Value type -51, and using Posting date for AVC Check. So system should be taken posting date as FM Posting Date. However currently, we are not using Posting date field while creation of Purchase Order, hence system considering System date (PO Created date) as PO posting date and it replacing the same as FM Posting date.

We come across few purchase orders which needs to be created with back dated, here we enable the field posting date in PO Header.  After input of Posting date in PO, system behavior as follows:

In above Scenario  - 1 - Posting date in PO header, updated as FM Posting date

Scenario - 2 - Posting date in PO Header, (Consisting of 4 Line Items), updated as FM Posting date for the first line item i.e. 28.01.2015 , rest of 3 line items were still showing as (08.04.2015).

here attached screenshot for your reference.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow you. Normally, even if document date is optional in purchase order (which could be defined in this way), you should not be able to update it after PO is posted. At least, that would be standard behaviour in dialog transaction. How do you update this field?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I updated the Posting date field in PO Change mode, after PO Posted.

Regards

Sam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, it is modification in your system: standard SAP, as far as I'm aware, does not allow this kind of update.