0 Kudos

How to overcome the following problem?

1. I am using Crystal report 13.0.5.891

2. I have designed the report with Group Header as [Underlay following section]

3. I have checked the group to repeat on each page

4. Number of lines in the group header may vary

5. Number of lines in details may also vary

My objective is to print the separator line placed in group footer, after the

header lines or after the detail lines which one is taking the maximum lines.

This is not happening, and I am getting the following output, which is not meeting my requirement

Where the "LINE IN GROUP FOOTER" should appear after "Group 1 Header Line 6" in the second page

as the report ends there, but in the output, the line is coming just after the end of detail record.

like following

As a result of this, the next record of the group is overlapping with the first record and creating a mesh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ PAGE 1 OF 2

Column Heading 1                       Column Heading 2                      Column Heading 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 1 Header Line 1                 Detail Record 1 Line 1

Group 1 Header Line 2                 Detail Record 1 Line 2

Group 1 Header Line 3                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 1 Header Line 4                 Detail Record 2 Line 1

Group 1 Header Line 5                 Detail Record 2 Line 2

Group 1 Header Line 6                 Detail Record 2 Line 3

Detail Record 2 Line 4

Detail Record 2 Line 5

======================LINE IN GROUP FOOTER========================

PAGE BREAK

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ PAGE 2 OF 2

Column Heading 1                       Column Heading 2                      Column Heading 3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Group 1 Header Line 1                    Detail Record 3 Line 1

Group 1 Header Line 2                    Detail Record 3 Line 2

Group 1 Header Line 3                    Detail Record 3 Line 3

Group 1 Header Line 4                    Detail Record 3 Line 4

======================LINE IN GROUP FOOTER========================

Group 1 Header Line 5

Group 1 Header Line 6

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're using Service Pack 5, current SP is 13. So, that would be the place to start; update to SP 13:

If you are still getting the issue, the next question would be; where is it happening? In the CR designer, or after you view the report in the app? Web, or win app?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you response.

I have updated the crystal report to 13.0.13.1597.

Still I am getting the same issue. I am generating the report in PortableDocFormat and exporting the byte array to download from the web browser. The application is developed in ASP.NET 2012 .net version 4.5.

I am also uploading 2 images of the final pdf that I am getting, for your opinion.

The report appeared in the first image is ok, where the first group has 2 child records and the second group has 1 child, but whenever I am changing the mapping in the database, where the first group has 1 child and second group has 2 child, my report is not working. as it is clear from the second image

Also after installing the new version of CR, my existing codes are not working, and giving the following exception in the line where ExportToStream is written.

Unable to cast object of type 'FileStreamDeleteOnClose' to type 'System.IO.MemoryStream'.

I have modified the existing code to overcome this exception.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. So as I read this I understand the issue is on export to PDF(?). How doe the report behave in the CR designer? The .NET viewer?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay,

As per your suggestion, I have tested the report with the help of .NET Crystal Report Viewer, here also the output is same as export to PDF. Please find the image, as I am getting the output in Crystal Report Viewer.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. So it does not work in the viewer or export to PDF. Where does it work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I do not know where the problem is, but I cannot achieve the prescribed report format by using crystal report.

My objective is that, even if the group header is marked as Underlay Following Sections and repeat on each page, the group footer should appear after the completion of group header or after completion of the detail section.

In my case as the height of the Group Header or  the height of the Detail Section may vary record by record, so I cannot apply a fixed height assuming that the record will fit within the specified height.

The only solution, I can think of, is that if by any means I can tell the crystal report to print the group footer after the group header section or after the detail section.

For the group footer, Print at the bottom of the page option is not going to help me as, if there is only one record in the page then it will create a big empty space till the bottom which is not acceptable.

- Sumanta

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd suggest asking here:

A number of report design experts there. The first thing you have to do is get the thing to work in the designer, then worry about runtime implementation.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, I will ask this question there.

Answers (0)