cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD learning eligibility, Career prospects & future scope.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts,

I'm a direct sales professional of mechanical engineering background with 6 years experience & was dealing with engineering products and has worked initially with distributors and then OEM's & finally with a MNC.

I have end-user level minor knowledge of sales order entry of SAP in my previous organization . I was on sabbatical break from October 2013 and now planning to switch to SAP due to my immense desire and taste towards business functional design & architecture.

I have got suggestions that my 6 years experience will not be considered further if I'm switching to SAP and can be considered as a fresher, is it true?

As I checked in Internet, SD module is more suitable, please advice on eligibility, career prospects & future scope.

If I'm taking SD certification, for enhancing my career further in future BI / BW module which one is more apt?

Requesting your valuable suggestions.

Thanking You

Thomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

I agree with Jobi. Switching to a new career is always a tough decision since the market is filling with certified SAP consultants and no hands on experience. 

But still if you are confident and ready to take risk , go ahead. Your domain experience are apt for SD module.

Regarding the BI/BW, I can assure if you make space in SAP world, you will understand what upgradation you need for your future SAP career.

I wish you good luck on your endeavour.

Regards,

Nigil Wilson

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

We have some similar discussions on this forum earlier. Did u search the forum to find suitbale information..?

Coming to your question, SAP SD will be a good module for you, considering your experience.

You can learn the module from any good institute and later go for certification. Learning the module, and getting certified in it, will not guarantee you a job.

The job market is very tough for beginners, you have the required domain experience, You can gain the knowledge required in the module by some six months hard work, but a challenge that you will face will be hands on experience requirement in SAP. Companies need candidates with atleast 3 yrs of experience in SAP, anything less will find it difficult to get job.

Few companies recruit ppl with no sap experience, but they have to be certified. There also you will find immense competition.

All the best to you

Regards

Jobi