cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text justification issue in crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have MVC application with crystal report in it. I am exporting crystal report to PDF, everything except text justification (as we do in MS-Word) is not working. Even in crystal report viewer itself it's not working.

I have been trying since few days to solve text justification problem in CR. Well I have goggled a lot for this and found different available option to get the thing done. But that didn't solved my problem, I have read many replies on the crystal report discussion regarding the same but no result. I have tried four different versions of crystal report (13.0.5,13.0.6,13.0.9,13.0.13) as I found on the web that justify could work in these versions, but I was shocked when I didn't get anything useful.

For me it's like justify doesn't work in crystal report by any means. Can any one here tell me who has solved the text justification problem in crystal report. I have attached sample screen shot of word document where in I have specified my requirement of text justification.

Any positive reply would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Full Justification only works if the text wraps with a soft return.  It will not work on a single line, this is the same as in Word. 

I took your sample and make a text object in a report.  I made the text object narrow enough to wrap.  Notice the difference in the first line. 

Left Align

Justify

This article may help with how justify alignment works:

BARREL | Text-align: Justify and RWD

Hope this helps,

Brian

0 Kudos

Also, to deal with differences in USP10.dll modify the text object and set the right indentation to .7 so it does not chop off the characters.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brain,

Its nice to read your reply and I read your reference link as well about giving 'line break' to make justify work.  I have tried it as well but somehow I am not getting it properly so I would like you to describe what the thing is it ?

I text-justification same as I have attached in my recent reply to Ludek.

I hope my requirement is clear to you.

Many Thanks !

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I'd like you to download CR 2013 from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

Test the justification in this version. If it still does not work, please post your query to the SCN Space. We have to get this working in the designer, before moving on to any SDK.

- Ludek

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

It looks like you are using Office 2007.  Can you go into the Options and see if this compatibility is turned on? 

http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/images/2010JustificationWP6.png

This is what would allow a single line to be full justified.  By default Word applies full justification to all lines except the last one.  Full justification works on a paragraph and not single lines like Left and Right. 

I'm using Office 2010 and 2013 and Compatibility options is not available in the new versions of Word which is why I cannot reproduce it. 

Like Word, Crystal applies full justification on a paragraph and not on individual lines.  This is why a soft return is required. 

Thanks,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Brian, really appreciable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, it was nice reading your reply. I have tried using the version mentioned in the given link, but I am not getting the desired result.

-Sunny

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did Brian's reply help at all?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Actually Brian's reply helped me in a way to get some more information about justification in MS-Word.

But in case of CR the issue is still there.

-Sunny

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you attach a sample report?

(Rename the rpt to txt. Click on the "use advanced editor" link and attach.)

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the report work in the CR designer?

What version of the designer are you using?

describe how you setup the justification in the CR designer.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Text justification works neither in CR designer nor in the PDF that I export...

Currently CR 13.0.6 is installed in my PC as I saw in one of your reply that justify will work in 13.0.6 version. I have tried using 'Format object' -> Common-> Horizontal Alignment->Justified.

I am surprise to see it still doesn't work for me. Moreover I would like to tell you that I need the justification same as MS-Word for single line of text. Below one is the image showing what my requirement is all about.

Thanks!