cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of SAP BI 4.1 - Error. CMS issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been trying to install SAP BI 4.1 SP2.

I have carried out the pre-requisites - updated user priviliges, DEP Config, UAC updated, Anti-Virus Disabled.

I have also installed - Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64).

I saw a recommendation to install the following but all it did was run and do nothing - i.e. no completion icon appeared so not sure if it did installed. In any case this was recommended with errors when patching rather than full install. Not sure if this is even related but trying anything

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (x64)

and

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (x32)?

I still get errors when doing the install - I think it is related to the SQL Server being external rather than on the same box. Is there a way to test the DB for CMS has been setup ok?

Samples of the errors i get are below...

12:03:28.876 [InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Success with Warnings [E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_ClientAction_MultiTenancy_UserGroups_dfo.xml]

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] Warning(s):  Message=[Deployment file requires restart to take effect.]; Affected Object IDs=[1979]

12:03:29.203 [InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] UploadDFO Success with Warnings [E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp\BusinessObjects_ClientAction_ObjectPackage_Components_dfo.xml]

[InstallEntDfoWrapper.UploadDFO] Warning(s):  Message=[Deployment file requires restart to take effect.]; Affected Object IDs=[1981]

12:12:55.266 Logging into XX as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication...

12:13:04.441 Sleeping for 5 second(s)...

12:13:09.480 Logging into XX as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication...

12:13:18.655 Sleeping for 5 second(s)...

12:13:23.585 Logging into XX as user Administrator with secEnterprise authentication...

12:13:32.760 Sleeping for 5 second(s)...

13:13:14.740 2015/04/28, 01:13:14: RunRedistProgram: return value 2

13:13:14.740 2015/04/28, 01:13:14: CMS is up, but cannot log on to CMS. Trying again...

13:13:14.740 2015/04/28, 01:13:14: ... waited for 1050 seconds ...

13:13:54.825 *#*_*FWM 20030|Could not reach CMS 'XX. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)|Could not reach CMS XX. Specify the correct host and port and check for network issues. (FWM 20030)*_*#*

13:17:06.466 Logging into CMS 'XX as user 'Administrator'...

13:17:15.642 Failed to log into the CMS 'XX as 'Administrator'. Aborting.

As I could not login to the CMS i restarted the BI Box. Then i login as admin and for some reason i can create folders but cannot delete them. I cant assign access rights to anything. Really weird...

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Manually install the correct versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package from the location where you have extracted the installation files: \DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-32 \DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-64 See SAP BI 4.1 not working on Windows Server 2012 on http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49453. 2. Please be sure that the CMS database SQL Server is up and running and there is no firewall port blocking between BI4.1 server and this SQL Server. You can use telnet to test if the port is open or not.  For example, from BI4.1 server cmd, run telnet SQLServer 1433 Regards, Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Can you please advise how to manually install the files? I just double click on the files but not much happens.

2. We are not using SQL Server 2012 rather 2008 R2

3. I ran telnet SQLServer 1433 and it didnt work? The connection failed...Could this be the problem? Is 1433 the port used by BI 4 to connect to the SQL Server. Note though i am able to login into the CMC after restart - however, some of the functionality like setting access rights doesnt seem to be there.

Cheers,

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need WinRAR to extract the \DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-32 and \DATA_UNITS\BusinessObjectsServer_win\dunit\shared.tp.aurora.microsoft.vcredist8-4.0-core-64. More importantly, please follow http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49453 instruction. The default port used by SQL Server is 1433.  Check and validate with your SQL DBA to verify which port of SQL Server 2012 is in use.  Since you said "Then i login as admin and for some reason i can create folders but cannot delete them", that means your BI4.1 CMS is up and running and listening so that you are able to login and that proves that your CMS is able to connect to SQL Server 2012 and write/read to it. Regards, Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have reviewed - http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49453 instruction. It looks like it is not just related to Windows Server 2012. There is a conflict in my install with relation "Redistributable Package" as I had multiple installs of 2005 and should only have one version of each x64 and x86. I have now uninstalled them and re-installed them. I will be doing a re-install of BI 4 and see what happens.

With regard to connection to CMS - based on the fact I can login after re-start should i disregard the fact telnet cannot. It could be becuase telnet connections have been disabled?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just uninstalled everything to give it another go with the "Redistributable Package" updated.

Thought I would check the port 6400 is open on the CMS as I understand this is the named request port? I have been told that there is no firewall stopping any ports so should be open. However, I have found that nothing is listening on port 6400 on the CMS server. Should I be concerned? Surely the DB should be listening for port 6400?

Cheers,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rukaiya_pinjari2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are able to log in to CMC using Enterprise  Administrator after restarting BI  server. Correct me if I am wrong.

Could you please check following 'packagestemp 'folder content?

\\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\setup\packagestemp”

Do you have any files here or 'packagestemp' is empty?

Let me know.

Regards,

Rukaiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to login into CMC after restart. Still have issues with the administrator users - doesnt seem to be working as expected.

Packagetemp is empty.

Cheers