cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME 15 SP03 - Auto Close Message Board Messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have an issue where im expecting messages to be auto closed but they dont.

I have configured a message_type to auto close after 1 hour in message type maintenance ("Use Auto Close Interval" is checked and set to 1 hour - "Auto Close on Process Workflow Completion" is unchecked).

In Background Processing "Auto Close Message by the System" is enabled and set to every x minutes and an interval of 5 (for testing purposes).

The last run column in the table is empty and none of the messages auto close. I looked at the MESSAGE table in the database and the DATE_TIME_TO_CLOSE field is full of dates in the past but the messages are still open.

How does the background process technically work? Is it creating scheduled tasks in windows? How do you diagnose this issue?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If Last Run field is empty in Background Process Execution, check SAP Note 1958664.

Regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

Thank you that is exactly what was wrong.

This should really be part of the CTC or at least mentioned on the Background Processing help page.

Thanks again.

Kevin

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

The info about this SAP Note is explicitly mentioned in SAP ME Installation Guide. And, of course, it is because there is a reason not to implement this setting via CTC.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)