cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

practice abap programs

0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am a SAP ABAP certified fresher(dec 2014). Still searching for a job as a trainee or associate position. Meanwhile I need to have a lot of practical knowledge for which i need a platform where i can implement some scenarios. As of before I was using IDES (provided by consolut) for the same.

Now its not working as of licensing issues.

Kindly let me know a platform where i can practice sap abap scenarios, so that it would help me to get through interviews!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no free access, to my knowledge, (at least not legally) but this blog explains how to set up a trial system using Amazon Cloud:

former_member193724
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shakti,

You should look for companies/consultancies which hire freshers/interns to work in some support projects with some stripend. This kind of platform is given by some companies, you need to search them.

Also at this stage you should also be ready to work for free , as you need to get confidence to handle issues/ develop objects practically. Be ready for this if anyone gives this opportunity, money will follow automatically .

Thanks,

Lohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

sorry i dont think that would be possible as i do have hard copies for it...

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Posting your email address here is against the Rules of Engagement...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow each other and send direct message for conversation.

and

find for paid sap access over the internet , I believe there are...

0 Kudos

Find and participate a SAP implementation project .

0 Kudos

And how can I do that. Can you help more by giving me some more details to do that!

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get taken on by a consultancy?

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You try to network with a working ABAP professional and get help from him/her.

And try to get IDES installed in your personal system so that you can practice without any interruption.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDES requires a licence. If you're running it without a licence, that would be theft.

0 Kudos

I was using previously IDES, but now the consolut has some license issues so they have barred the service.

https://www.consolut.com/en/s/minisap-interested-in-abap-programming.html

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay,

Long back when I was a learner used to practice on my friend's system. He got it installed from a local guy.

I didn't bother about license check at that time

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you try to get the license version of IDES as said above.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't actually know of any legal way of getting IDES installed for personal use. The problem is that it can be used to run a business - which is why SAP only licence it to people who are doing implementations (or can demonstrate that they're using it for non-productive purposes).

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then what can be suggested for practicing.

Any suggestions for the op ?