cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Font Removing white space from string and other image issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never had this issue before and am stuck.

First: When I set the font type to "Aller" for strings rendered by formulas, i.e. Formula: [If 1 then "Return this text"] shows "Returnthistext" on the report in the web viewer, but not in the report preview viewer in VS. I tested with a few other fonts and the whitespace wasn't removed, which I find odd. Aller exists in C:\Windows/Fonts. I found a response on stack overflow that recommended uninstalling/reinstalling the runtime version, which I did, but the text still showed no whitespace.

Second: Images aren't showing up in the web viewer, either. All of the proper handlers have been added to the web config and crystal references have been added to the project. The images are inserted from the Pictures folder in my documents.

Here's the kicker: Although I'm having these issues with the web viewer, when I export to PDF, all images and text are displayed properly.

Thank you for your help,

Taylor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio SCN Space.

I will try to answer your query about fonts. Your second query should go into a new post (See ).

So as for the fonts.

What version of Crystal Reports, including any Service Packs?

What version of .NET?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thanks for directing me to the Rules of Engagement, as I am new to this forum.

We have installed CR 2013 for Visual Studio 2010, and the Runtime engine for .NET framework. I don't think we have any service packs installed, it's pretty bare bones.

We are using .NET 4

I've never had this issue before.

Thanks,

Arthur

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur

Let's make sure you're on SP 13 which you can download from here;

See if that helps. Use font like times new roman to test. Some fonts are not supported by the framework so the string will look good in the CR designer as it does not use the frm, but at runtime the report will not look well in the viewer.

- Ludek

Answers (0)